Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dining Room Details

Our dining room is quite small, but inviting.



The walls were antique white with brown painted trim when we moved in. I first painted the walls a pale yellow, but we eventually realized that white trim, and therefore another wall color was the way to go. This is my favorite wall color in the house.




The original heart pine floors are a little worn.




The fireplace mantel was attached to the wall by the previous owner. I painted it white and painted the wall "inside" the mantel black.




The armoire was left for us by the previous owner. Love it. I use it as my pantry, since, until the kitchen is finished, we lack storage.




Here's another view of the armoire. We won our chairs on ebay.




The light fixture matches our kitchen pendants. Now that the dining room wall color is more formal, we'd like to switch it out for a chandelier (I'm thinking crystal bling) and put this fixture in the sunporch.



It becomes very romantic by candlelight....

Have a splendid day!

Carol

No comments: