Friday, June 18, 2010

Painted Kitchen Floor


It's beautiful! Talented hubby has finished the painting of the floor. Tomorrow will be Polyurethane Day. He has worked hard sanding, filling cracks with foam backer rods, caulking, painting, taping, painting, taping!

Before, the floor had developed wide cracks and the finish was in bad shape.



We always liked the tile look, but tile is hard on the feet. Now we have the best of both. Tile look, character in the wood grain and cracks, beautiful floor!

Don't I have a splendid husband?

Carol

3 comments:

Vee said...

Well, yes, I say you do have a wonderful hubby. What a nice solution for your kitchen floor.

Thank you for the tip about spiderwort. I'll have to give dead heading a try.

My sister lived in a Sears house...a bungalow built in the 19 teens somewhere. Lovely bones and beautiful woods and moldings. It looks as if your home is completely charming as well.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your floor looks fabulous! Did he tape it off? Just draw lines and paint it freehand? Well I am very impressed and I can't wait to see more of your lovely home.

Janet said...

Great job on the floor. I love that look, but cannot imagine the amount of patience involved! Kudos to your hubby.