Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Painting the House

When we moved in, the house was kind of a pale green. We have replaced the clapboards with Hardie plank in yellow (Harris Cream) on the front and driveway sides. The other 2 sides had a slightly different shade of green vinyl siding and some original clapboard.
I am in the process of painting the other two sides of the house. At this point, the left of the back side is painted yellow, the sunporch scraped and primed.



More of the back painted yellow, first coat of color on the sunporch.



Here's a close-up of the back of the sunporch. The colors are so much brighter and richer!



The lower deck off the family room is where I spend a lot of time.



I am concerned about how I am going to get the very highest points done. Any suggestions? The middle section with the peak can be accessed over the metal sunporch roof. I'd rather do it myself because tromping around on it may damage it. When we had the front of the house done, we ended up with a persistent leak on the front porch because the craftsmen spent a lot of time walking around up there.

Have a beautiful day! As for me, I'm thinking of doing a bit of painting.....

Carol

No comments: