Monday, June 21, 2010

Thrifting



I found this at a yard sale about 15 years ago, for $15. Painted it about 3 weeks ago. I was inspired by you! My mother gave me the vintage tablecloth from years ago.




Desk: Yard Sale. The rockers belonged to my inlaws.




This pie crust table came from a yard sale about 25 years ago. First thrifting ever!
I was hooked.







Both of these chairs were found at different times out for the trash in the neighborhood. The top one had a very ripped gold print. The second one had a very ugly orange-y print. I eventually had them re-upholstered.



Wood box was out in the trash. Found the little lantern out in the backyard when we moved in.



Another trash find. We paint them a different color every few years. I am painting the back of the house right now, so I painted them to match the red window frames.
A great place to enjoy coffee in the morning!






Thrift Store shopping! The beautiful runner was $0.99. The little throw was $2 or $3.



My new coffee cup. Marshalls. $2.99. I so look forward to my morning coffee. My cup changes with the season!

Have a wonderful day!

Carol

3 comments:

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

Hi, I am visiting your blog! You have a lovely home! You say it is a Sears kit home... is it? My house was built in 1908 as a summer cottage (it's very little, hence the name of my blog!) and it was a "pre fab" house - not from Sears, but along those lines of a kit home. I hope to take some more pics to blog in the future. I don't have any old pics in my digital camera to post, and I am very lazy to take more right now! I am hoping to finish 'gussying up' my kitchen in the next few days, so I will hopefully post pics of that -- very tiny kitchen too! :) Take care.
Best,
Gloria

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

P.S. I, too, love mugs. I get "on" a favorite mug, then I get another and then THAT'S my favorite mug for coffee! LOL!
gv

dogsmom said...

The music theme on your pie crust table matches furniture we inherited fron the grandparents. For all I know they had it passed down to them as well.