Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood



I just had to get out this morning. It was so beautiful. So Isaac (our dog) and I headed out early. The sun was hitting the house in a beautiful way.




Lots of mature trees provide dappled shade.




Someday we'll have bunting to hang on the porch, too.




This homeowner made her yard into a beautiful garden years ago.




Down through the leafy bower.




The details on this stone house provide great character.








These houses line the main street in town.




Let's meander through the park.






This is one of my favorite houses. The pictures do not do it justice. The big double doors, the inviting porch, the unusual double gables on the second floor.




More bunting!




A great porch for relaxing.




Beautiful roof lines.




Repurposing an outdoor fireplace.




More roof lines.




Don't you love white houses? I do.




More character and bunting.....




....and great lines.

We have one of the oldest houses in the neighborhood, at 101 years old. We are blessed to have so many beautiful homes to admire in our community, in walking distance, are we not?

Enjoy the tour!

Carol

2 comments:

Leann said...

Hi Carol

Just popping by to see what's happening at your Sear's home. Ours is quiet this Sunday morning. I'm the only one home, so it's laundry and major cooking for the week. I like to get a lot of meals prepared for the coming week during the weekend. Today I've got a chicken and pork roast in the oven.

Love seeing what your doing with your house. Ours is a smaller house, but we love it just the same. Your the only other people that I "know" who one a Sears House!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Leann

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi Carol,
What a terrific tour of your beautiful neighborhood -- so many wonderful old houses!!!

I love your Sears house. A dear friend of mine had a lovely Sears house, set in charming gardens; I blogged about it last summer.

Thanks for visiting That Old House, and signing on as a Follower. I am always so tickled to find another follower!

I hope your weekend was wonderful. And I agree -- I too love white houses!
Cass