Thursday, July 1, 2010

Heirlooms from Grandma

My paternal grandmother passed away this month. She was 100 years old. She had two children, my aunt and my dad. She knew I loved old things, and had been passing them on to me for years.



I love this old bowl. Several of our cats, as kittens, loved sleeping in it. (No, we do not put food in it.)




I recently received this beautiful desk and chair when Grandma moved into a nursing home. It opens and extends, with pigeonholes and drawers inside.




I am sure the manufacturer of this chamberpot never knew what enjoyment it would bring me! It's a great catch-all, especially up high where no one can see the stuff we keep in it!




Pitcher and jug.




Cool table with pretty details.




Little rocking chair.




Old Pitcher. Looks great with lilacs spilling out of it.



Serving Plates




The beauty in these old things is not only in their details, but in their use and history. Using them today ties me to my family's past.

What a great experience!

Carol

No comments: