Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rhubarb Crisp



I was puttering around, doing some weeding, and I noticed that the rhubarb was ready to be harvested again! I harvested.




It seemed a wonderful idea to make a crisp. Mister loves a fruit crisp, and they are so quick and easy to make.




I used my usual recipe, but since rhubarb is so tart, I added about 3/4 cup sugar to the fruit. It's the 4th of July weekend, so I thought I'd add some blueberries for color. Tastes like summer!

Fruit Crisp

3 cups fruit, peeled, chopped (don't bother peeling apples)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 stick butter or margarine

Put the fruit in the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan.
Melt the butter or margarine in a microwave safe bowl. Add everything else to the melted butter or margarine, mix it up by hand, dollop and spread over the fruit.
Bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees.

Again, extra sugar mixed in with the fruit if you are using rhubarb.
I also like to add a tiny bit of nutmeg.

Wonderful. It's great warm, cold, for dessert, snack or breakfast.

Carol

No comments: