Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Show and Tell Friday

I am joining Show and Tell Friday, hosted by Cindy at My Romantic Home. (romantichomeblogspot.com) This is the first time I have ever joined an event, so please bear with me...




Both my paternal grandfather and his twin brother were Methodist ministers, born in 1899.



This was a stand for flowers used in the church.



My grandfather made a pulpit type contraption to set on top of the stand, and he used it when speaking graveside at a funeral.




I love the beauty in the details and the craftsmanship.

What a beautiful treasure!

Carol

3 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

That is so beautiful! So nice to see it handed down too. You've got some lovely things going on over here. I promise to do a better job of coming over more often to see how you are. :)

Carol said...

Thank you for the sweet thought!

AshTreeCottage said...

Hi Carol! This is the first time visiting your blog. First of all, I love your house. Scondly, your kitty is a real sweetheart! Finally what a lovely stand. It's so nice to have family treasures around the house. I think it helps to make it "a home". I am your newest follower. I hope that you will stop in to visit me soon.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo