Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another Mantel



Our house has no original fireplaces. It was heated with steam radiators. Still is, except for the addition.




So, this is a mantel. Attached to the dining room wall. When we moved in, it was painted brown. I painted it white. I also painted the wall inside the mantel a flat black. I like it. Chickie helped me paint the walls.




We like color on our walls. All the walls had been antique white, with colors on the trim work. Now it's the other way around.




The detail on the mantel is lovely. The previous owner was an antiques dealer, so the mantel was picked up somewhere on her travels.




It's great to decorate the top of the mantel for different seasons. In a few weeks, I'll be bringing out my winter garland to lay along the top.
We hang Christmas stockings from it during the holidays.

Have a fabulous Friday and wonderful weekend!

Carol


Today I join Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday. (myromantichome.blogspot.com/)

3 comments:

larsinnh said...

Love Sears Kit homes! We almost bought one once. Great job. Love your style.

~~Carol~~ said...

To this day I still can't believe that our Sears home didn't have a fireplace! I was told by the original family that owned it that ours was heated by coal, using one of those eight-armed furnaces that you can see in the Sears catalog. I think fireplaces make a home so much more homier, don't you?
Happy Weekend!
Carol

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love your mantles and the color combination. I hope you BEE enjoys her freshman year. Is she very far away?