Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Trip Back in Time

Mister and I took a little day trip. As new empty nesters, we can do that easily.



It was to Annville, a little town near Hershey. Isn't this little house delightful? It looks like someplace one might imagine, but never actually see.




Actually, it's an addition to this old stone house! Or maybe vice versa?




We stopped at this old, old fashioned shoppe for some ice cream. I had a hot fudge sundae.




See? Mister is enjoying a chocolate milk shake behind the hanging plant. He said it was delicious.




Here's another beautiful home.




Beautifully maintained.




Loved the fence detail.

The best part was spending the day with Mister! He's so much fun and so good at loving me. Thanks for the day trip, Mister! I love you! And not because you're vintage....... ;)

Have a beautiful Friday and a fabulous weekend!
Carol

Today I am linking with Debra at Common Ground (commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/) for an exciting Vintage Inspiration Friday!

12 comments:

Debra@Common Ground said...

Hi Carol, what a gorgeous place this is! The combination of styles really works with this beautiful setting. I love to visit historic areas and do some "house peeping". Thanks so much for joining in for VIF!
xo,
Debra

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Carol, thanks for visiting me! I love, love, looking at old homes and these are certainly beautiful! Love that addition in the first pic. Looks like you had a great day! I'm off to read more of your blog...take care, Maryann

Allison Shops said...

What a beautiful town. I've been to Hershey once and enjoyed it so much. You are so lucky to live in the area - so many lovely small towns to visit.

Have you heard about Atticmag's new link party - Giveaway Friday!? It's a convenient place for bloggers to link their giveaways and a one stop shop for readers to find them! Hope to see you.

Allison
Atticmag

Vee said...

Well I hate to say that I told you so, but empty nesting isn't all bad. John and I were sitting here looking at each other this evening when we finally realized that we weren't house captives anymore so off we went for a little drive that, oddly enough, involved an ice cream stop, too. Beautiful homes that you shared and I like the details on that fence, too.

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Oh my Gosh!!! First of all - you are so sweet to your Mr. - just too cute. but that town looks darling. My #2 son would be drooling over the Coca Cola signs at the ice cream shop.

Olive Cooper said...

Lovely town and I love old houses as long as I am not paying. We just picked ou college gal for the long weekend. hugs♥olive

clustres said...

That little house is just adorable! Even if it is an addition to the other!

Leann said...

Hey There

This looks like a fab trip! Just saw the color of your porch floor - I think it's the color we painted our front and back doors!!

Leann

Kathy said...

We live in a small town! I could see a place like that here! Very lovely! I love day trips with the one you love! We are nearly empty nesters! Well, depending upon whether my youngest lives at home to go to school!
Hope you have a fantastic day

Kathleen said...

Looks like a great trip! The homes are just charming, and I bet the sundae was good too!

The Tablescaper said...

What a great day!!! Love the little homes. They are soooo charming.

So happy to have you being my newest Follower!

- The Tableacaper

nancarts said...

Beautiful pics! I am a lover of old!!! Thanks for sharing...am now a follower!
Have a great Sunday.

Smiles and Blessings,
Nancy