Sunday, August 8, 2010

Extravagant Love and Joy Unspeakable


Do you know that when I went to bed last night, I was thinking of you?? When I go to bed, I usually reflect on things before I fall asleep. My mind's eye was enjoying the pictures you've displayed in your posts. Your homes that you've shared and welcomed the rest of us into, the lovely comments you've made. I prayed for some of you with prayer requests.

In God's Word, He instructs us to think on good things. Thank you for all the good things to think upon!!! It brings me joy to reflect upon all of these good things!



I am SO excited about my cleomes/spiderflowers! I planted a couple last year, and this year I found hundreds, I'm talking HUNDREDS of volunteers. So I transplanted them to every garden I have. But here, where they originated, they are blooming extravagantly.




Extravagance. That makes me think of God. His extravagant love, resulting in His extravagant sacrifice. The extravagance of His creation - the details, intricacies, the beauty.




How can He have made each of us unique? I am a people watcher and I have never gotten over how different each of us is.




I look at my tabby cats. Their markings are perfectly symmetrical. Between each toe, the fur is black. Why? Why take care with all the tiny details that might not even matter? It's extravagant.




Not just a bouquet of flowers, but a field of them, too numerous to count.
Not just a few trees, but thousands upon thousands, each with thousands upon thousands of individual leaves.




I think I know. It's not my responsibility to understand, but to enjoy the creation glorifying the Creator, and a demonstrating His extravagant love for me. And that fills me with great joy.




The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him and I am helped.
My heart leaps for JOY
and I will give thanks to Him in song.

Ps. 28:7

I am linking with for thetablescaper.blogspot.com/ for Summer Sundays. Enjoy your Summer Sunday! - and I hope it is a lovely as you are.

Carol


4 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very nice, have a happy Sunday!

Red Couch Recipes said...

I do think that the Lord is very extragant with the flowers and other things in nature...your clematis is beautiful! I love to have beautiful flowers around me and I LOVE CATS! Yours is beautiful! Happy Sunday! Joni

The Tablescaper said...

Your flowers are equisite works of God, but your cat is just amazing. it is unexplicable how different we all are.

Thanks so much for being a part of "Summer Sundays".

- The Tablescaper

Ellie said...

I love the flowers! Thanks for sharing. :)