Friday, August 20, 2010

Favorites



Here are my very favorite parents. Their college pictures, and then me in the middle years later. Today is Mom and Dad's 55th Wedding Anniversary! Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! You're the greatest!
(Now, I don't know if you noticed the quilt in the background. The workmanship is amazing. My maternal great grandmother made it and someday it'll be featured on a post.)




Cats, pictures of cats, statues of cats, whatever, with a cat on it, if it has to do with cats, I love it. This little one is so happy. He comes running and chirping to see me. Wherever I am at home, I turn around, and there he is! I tell him, "Cute and friendly will get you pretty far in this world!"




I love the pattern of the sun through the trees. This is what I see, right now, as I type. The pattern of sun and shadow and green leaves is so wonderful.




Old books. Looking at them, smelling them, touching them, and, of course, reading them! Right now I am re-reading for the umteenth time the top book, ".....And Ladies of The Club", by Helen Hooven Santmyer. Great book and nice and long. It's nice when you have an enjoyable book that goes on and on and on. I first read it many years ago, but picked up this copy for $1 a couple of weeks ago.




Look at these Glorious Gerbera daisies! They are absolutely over the top with blooms!




Yellow is my favorite color.




But red sures runs a close second. A double bloom!


Another favorite thing that I can't photograph is the sounds of summer. I hear birdsong, locusts, crickets. In the evenings the katydids start up, and something I call the "clicking beetle" because I have never seen it, only heard it's clicking sound.

Have a wonderful, lovely weekend!

Carol





Today I am linking with Laurie at Bargain Hunting with Laurie http://bargainhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

We have much in common. Yellow is my favorite color and I love cats. Mine is in my lap now. Congrats to your parents. I also read a lot. Joe says I retired so I could read...well why not? Have a terrific weekend. olive♥

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Carol, What a wonderful list of favorites. Congratulations to your parents on their 55th anniversary. That kittie is precious. I read Ladies of the Club years ago. It would be a great re-read. Oh, those Gerber Daisies are gorgeous! Your "sounds of summer" list is great too. It always amazes me how a sound or a smell can bring an old memory flooding back into my head. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things Sat. Have a wonderful weekend. laurie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing your favorites and your kitty is adorable! Congratulations to your parents!!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh how lovely!
congrats to your parents and I so love your Sears Roebuck home! I smile every time I see the pic!
Cindy

Diann said...

Oh, this picture of that sweet little cat just made me smile! And the double bloom is just beautiful!!