Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Gift

Chickie's off to college in a few days. She visited my parents this week for a last time before school starts.




They surprised her with this loving, thoughtful, beautifully boxed gift.




It was packed beautifully. More so than it is now. That would be Dad's touch.




There was a darling little bowl. Just the right size for applesauce. Or a Chickie-sized bowl of cereal.




Chickie LOVES cats. Just like her mom. So this is a perfect mug for her.




Tea?.....or.....hot chocolate?




Candy, gum,




The girl's gotta have her chocolate!



And some sensible snacks.
She's the first grandchild to head off to college, the firstborn child and grandchild, and as you can see, dearly loved by her grandparents.

Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Carol

Thank you, Cindy, for hosting Show and Tell Friday!

4 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How sweet of them to think of doing that for her. I wish my children's grandparents had thought of something like that when mine went to college. Yes, she will need her chocolate.

Vee said...

Awwww, that's just about the sweetest thing! I bet that she feels well loved.

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This is Lovely :-) I am hosting a jewelry giveaway on my blog. Would love for you to visit.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Ahhhh....what a sweet set of grandparents she has. I hope she has a wonderful start to college. Good luck!