Thursday, August 5, 2010

Green Accents in the Kitchen

My favorite color for my own kitchen is always yellow. We'll be re-doing our kitchen in a few weeks, but we've already painted the walls a new yellow and Mister has painted the floor and hutch. Green is one color we have used for little pops of color here.



The old blue-green canning jars always make an appearance somewhere.




I've just got to be able to see them every day.




In my first house, I was always digging up old bottles in the garden. Here are a few green ones. They also make great vases.




This old scale was a bargain.




It's nice and chippy, just the way we like it.




There are a few pieces of jadeite. The mixing bowl sees a lot of use.




Salt and pepper shakers, sugar dispenser. (or splenda, as the case may be!)




This is my favorite piece. When my in-laws were moving a few years ago, it was going in the trash. I snatched it out quickly!!!




Chippy? check.
Mister remembers it being used for mixing and pouring pancake batter when he was growing up. Funny, that's what I use it for!




These are ALL my kitchen cabinets. We have none under the counter. I do like the open shelf look, but I think the new kitchen will look a lot better - we're only doing this wall and putting cabinets over the fridge with a bookcase down the side of it to "build it in".

I am linking with Cindy at My Romantic Home today for Show and Tell Friday!
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/


Have a wonderful Friday!

Carol

12 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I love your jadeite! I love it too! Love all your chippy delights! That cat picture is really cute behind the scale.

Olivia~ said...

Oh my gosh, i have a thing for old scales. Very cool.
Hugs,
Olivia

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the batter bowl and love the ball jars too!

Rondell

Susan said...

What a darling house! I love old houses. Susan

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Love the blue jars and your open cabinets!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Love your vintage jars, bottles and dishes! They are beautiful!

Bella said...

Hi Carol... I have been crazy for those blue ball jars this year, it took me forever to find one, now I keep finding them everywhere :-) Love the sugar shaker, and the batter bowl is fabulous!
Bella

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, everything looks so pretty!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful collection. I love the bottles. I have to have mine where I can see them everyday too!!! ~~Sherry~~

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

You have beautiful Kitchen pieces!! I too plan to redo my kitchen by using a pale yellow and a new border in Sept when I am off for vacation. Can't wait to see your finished project!!

Debbie

The American Homemaker said...

I love it all :)

Marilyn Holeman said...

Just found you via Cindy's My Romantic Home. I love the canning jars--and LOVE the jadeite. So glad you rescued the batter bowl!