Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wow!



When we moved in, our house was this drab color. The addition was covered with this, the original had the original clapboards painted a similar, but not the same color. The color scheme was this, and red.
Like it?




A couple of years ago, we had the vinyl siding on the front of the house and the original clapboards on the front and driveway side replaced with Hardie plank. The original clapboards were in rough shape, and we wanted to restore the facade, and make the front of the house's trim and windows uniform.




We'd gotten an estimate on the cost to paint the garage and the other 2 sides of the house. Last year, I painted the garage. Emboldened by that, I started on the back of the house a couple of months ago. The sunporch (all original) had to be scraped, primed and painted.



I painted the siding on the house where the upper and lower decks are attached. The lower deck backs onto the family room. Upstairs, our master bedroom leads to its own deck. Next project - I will clean, seal the decks in the fall. Maybe stain the railings white? What do you think?



We consulted the experts at Sherwin Williams who sold us this self priming paint for vinyl siding. After washing the siding (the old fashioned way, with a brush and water!) I brushed on 2 coats of this great paint. And then.....




I painted the other side of the house! This side is in a kind of alleyway with a tree line down it, so we aren't going to trim out the windows or do any more than this.




So when the fall rolls around and people ask me how I spent my summer??? Performing a great metamorphosis on my home that I am showing off today! My greatest fan, Mister, goes around regularly to admire my work. Thanks, Mister for your encouragement and pride in me!

As a result, I am pleased and proud to join Susan for Metamorphosis Monday (betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/), and Cielo for Show off Your Cottage Monday (houseinroses.blogspot.com/)

Have a spectacular Monday!

Carol


12 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I am so impressed! We had our house painted a few years ago and I can't imagine all the work that went into that. Well it was worth the effort and it looks fabulous! You should be very proud of yourself.

Robin said...

Sheer delight...xo

Green Gracie Home said...

Amazing...love the house! I cannot believe you painted all of that. thanks for stopping by the baseball room and leaving me a sweet note, Bev

Shelia said...

Fantastic transformation! I love your house!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh it looks fabulous. You did a great job. Hugs, Marty.

Mary said...

Wow! It looks beautiful!

We live in a Sears home also.

They are very well built!:-)

Carolyn said...

You are doing a great job and I agree the railing will look great white.
your house is beautiful!

Carolyn

Vee said...

You are certainly doing an amazing job...incredibly labor intensive! Looks great!

Atticmag said...

That's such a huge project -- so smart of you to do it in segments. The color looks terrific. Jane F.

Leann said...

Love the transformation. We still have sooo much to do and sooo little time and $$:)

Leann

CIELO said...

Carol... love your cottage! such soothing views... and thanks for participating in our "Show Off Your Cottage Monday" and letting us into your lovely home...

Blessings

Cielo

Debbie~ said...

Looove it, and your beautiful Sears home! Thanks for sharing! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs