Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Juicy, Ripe Peach



Peaches are my favorite summer fruit. I think I'll eat this one.




I'll have it on one of my favorite plates. Chickie and I call these plates our "summer plates", because that's when we use them most. We found them at a yard sale years ago, and they are the same plates we had at my grandparents' cabin when I was a child.




I eat the entire peach, except for the pit! They always say that the more color a fruit or veggie has, the more nutritious it is. The peach "fur" is colorful. And after I wash it, the texture is pretty smooth. So I eat it.




It's a lovely, ripe, juicy peach.




Tastes like summer to me.

Have a wonderful day!

Carol

2 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Carol
Peaches definitely say "summer" and I like how the peach looks on that blue plate. I have a platter in the same pattern. I love your home!
Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment.
Hugs, Rhondi

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks good enough to eat, the best of summer-enjoy!