Monday, August 16, 2010

The Living Room



Come on in! This is our living room.
Mister got the old couch for FREE when it was left behind by the previous owners of a house he owned.




The carpet was my in-laws. I was happy to give it a home. It's old, wool and care-free.



We got the chairs on sale. Mister assembled them.




We also got this chair on clearance. The cat poster above it is a favorite.




Looking in from the dining room. The armoire you see in the dining room in the left foreground is slated to replace the entertainment center piece that is currently in the living room. I use it now as a pantry, but when the kitchen is redone, I'll have plenty of storage and can move it, thus also giving more room in the dining room.




We'd like to darken the living room walls a little. Just a bit. Suggestions on a way to do it without getting another shade of paint?

I'm joining Cielo at A House in the Roses for Show off Your Cottage Monday. (houseinroses.blogspot.com/)

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! What a treat to see inside your home! That is a beautiful olden sofa! I'm also in love with that lyre table between your chairs in the window! The oriental rug is perfect too! Oh, this is fun!
Hope you'll pop in to see me too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Vee said...

It just dawned on me that I "know" two gals who blog about their Sears homes. Have you ever met Leann at The Old Parsonage? What nice furniture and carpet you have and it fits so perfectly with this style home. The cat poster is a fun punch.

Jeanne said...

How lucky to have such a beautiful and charming cottage. Your living room is wonderful with all you have done on a budget. It just shows you what can be done in a lovely way without spending a fortune. Good job.
Hugs, Jeanne

Carolyn said...

It looks beautiful-warm and cosy!I love the picture of the two chairs in front of the window.

Carolyn