Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Romantic Summer Dinner for Two



I think we'll have dinner on the sunporch tonight.




Just the two of us.




I've got the Jadeite salt and pepper shaker set out. They compliment the vintage linens nicely.




Isn't this a beautiful sugar bowl? It matches the plates. I call the plates our "summer plates" because they are the same pattern we used growing up when we would go to our grandparents' cabin in the summer.




We'll enjoy this nice bottle of wine with dinner.




Then we can sit and talk, like we love to do.




Ah, summer evenings.......




If darkness should fall before we're done, we'll have our coffee by candlelight.

I am linking with Susan at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ for Tablescape Thursday!




Have a most wonderful Thursday!

Carol

12 comments:

Vee said...

That looks like a sweet thing to do...hope that you had a wonderful time spent there.

Cabin and Cottage said...

Love the shape of those vintage plates--Sounds like an ideal evening to me! Jacqueline

Entertaining Women said...

You've used my favorite color combination to create a loely summer tablescape. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like a lovely spot for a nice evening!

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

A sunporch, a pretty table, a bottle of good wine and sharing dinner and conversation...perfection!!!

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Such a pretty table, I love eating by a window!

Donna

Debbie said...

I like the specific shades of yellow and blue together. They are just right for a summer table. Love how you could sit by the window until the sun goes down. Makes me want to move my table to a place with a better view!

PAT said...

I love this! Absolutely lovely.

the gardeners cottage said...

hi carol,

get back over there and watch it. i'm telling you it will change your life. you could link it to all your readers and just think how many animals YOU may be able to save. this is the power of blogging!

~janet

ps ~ now i'm going to calm down and have a look around your beautiful home.

Barbara said...

Ah, sounds like the perfect evening to me. The blue and the yellow look wonderful together.

Marlis said...

It's so charming. I love the blue and yellow.. so cozy and that makes for the best chats of all.

Mimi said...

The blue and yellow plates are great...3 Blind Moose, love it!