Thursday, September 23, 2010

At Mom and Dad's House



I love this bird wallpaper at my parents' house. When they first moved in, Dad was thinking of removing it. I thought it was beautiful...and was so glad to see it stay!




I always notice the cardinals on the wallpaper.




But really, there is so much more!




There are red carpet runners on the stairs and the floor in the entry way. It really picks up on the red of many of the birds.




I'm no bird expert, but Mom could tell you the names of them all.




And I'm sure a lot of you could tell me too....




But what I like most about it is the vintage-ness and the red and the white!

Make sure to stop by Cindy's for Show and Tell Friday, and wish her a Happy Birthday!

And stop by Debra's for Vintage Inspiration Friday!

A special thanks to Jane for inadvertently inspiring me to figure out how to insert links!

Carol


12 comments:

Susan said...

I think the wallpaper is very, very unique and beautiful. Of course, I love birds. Nice! Susan

Jane said...

I LOVE that wallpaper! But then, I am also a "bird freak". Nice use of links, too, girl!!! Thanks for the nod. ;)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jane

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Very beautiful vintage wallpaper. What a great idea for Vintage Inspiration Friday!
Blessings,
Marcia

The Swedish Room said...

Hi, I love this vintage wallpaper. I always find vintage wallpaper has a lot more character than new wallpaper. Have a great weekend.
The Swedish Room

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Old wallpaper can be precious! Glad they kept it for a while. :-)

Pam said...

What gorgeous wallpaper. Thanks for sharing it!

gail said...

the wallpaper is so beautiful and so comforting that it is in your mother's house!
thank you so much for visiting me!
gail

Carolyn said...

Hi Carol,
Lovely vintage bird pics on the wall paper.

I hope you have a lovely weekend,

Carolyn

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Hi Carol- I'm a new visitor. I love that vintage bird wallpaper. I'm glad they kept it too- it's so pretty, it would have been a shame to tear it down...and a pain. I am a wallpaper removal expert after moving into my first home. It was covered- almost every single last room- in gold sparkly wallpaper. Even the ceilings in the hall. Some wallpaper is meant to come down : )

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Carol,
Thank you for the prayers for daughter!
She is home and will improve because of prayer!
LOVE the wallpaper!
Happy Weekend.
Deb :)

Susan said...

The wall paper is AWESOME!! I love birds and especially cardinals.

Debra@Common Ground said...

Carol, this wallpaper is just so wonderful. It looks just like the bird prints from the 40's and 50's. It look's like it's still in beautiful condition. Thanks so much for sharing the inspiration, I love anything "bird"!
xo,
Debra