Sunday, September 26, 2010

Done!



I am so excited! I finished the deck project this week! Here is what it looked like. Nice enough, needs staining and sealing, doesn't really go with the character of the house.




After prepping and staining/sealing the floors, I kept thinking about the rest of the house. The railings could be stained.....maybe white?




Yes. I'm thinking white railings definitely would be better on this 101 year old house.




After 2 coats of white stain, and hanging upside down and backwards to get all the surfaces covered I finished. Now instead of decks, as Cass said, we have porches!




(Upstairs) It's a clean slate.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Please visit Cielo for Show off Your Cottage Monday!
Don't forget to visit BNOTP for Metamorphosis Monday!

Carol




13 comments:

Vee said...

It looks great...so crisp and clean and ready for staging...the fun kind not the building kind. Job well done!

Debbie said...

Fantastic! I totally agree that you have PORCHES and not decks. You make me really want to redo my deck area. Like... today, even!

Cabin and Cottage said...

Great job! SO crisp and pretty!

Diann said...

Wow! What a difference! It looks beautiful! Great redo job!

Willow said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Oh my you did have your work cut out for you painting. It looks great and well worth it I say.

Willow

Pat said...

You did a great job. All of your hard work is certainly paying off.

Becolorful said...

This looks great. I have read about these kit homes. I love a house like yours that has a fun and unique history. Your work here is spot on.
Pam at Becolorful

One Heart said...

Hi Carol, I love this!! I'm always amazed at the transformation with a bit of white. Crisp and new. Come on over to my house, I have a couple of projects in mind. ;)

Thanks for stopping by my little corner. I was delighted to share my breakfast. Have a lovely day.

~~Carol~~ said...

I agree, that if it has pretty rails like that, it's a back porch, not a deck! It looks really nice Carol!

dee dee said...

I just love your change! the white looks great!
Dee Dee

Carolyn said...

Hi Carol,
that was a big job but it looks so good- you must be so happy to have it done.

Take care,
Carolyn

Jane said...

It looks fabulous, Carol!!! I know that was a lot of hard work, but the payoff is definitely worth it. Tell me.....do you hire out?!?!?!?!?

Samual said...

Staging involves neutralizing and depersonalizing your home so that more potential buyers can envision themselves living there.So get Home Staging Training an get success in Home Staging Business.