Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Morning



I woke up early this morning. Six o'clock. On a day off. That's ok. Somehow when you know you can get a nap later if need be, and you're off, it's just fine. Fed the animals, made the coffee, went out to the back porch for a sit.




After a while, the sky turned blue. The clouds drifted by lazily.




I made Isaac come out and sit with me. He didn't want to, but he is a patient soul. Actually, he didn't sit. He mostly stood without complaint and looked at me out of the corners of his eyes.




From the steps where I sat, I could see the cellar door that Mister had just repaired and painted to match the house.




I walked down into the yard to admire my railing-in-progress project and thought about trying to finish it today.




The sky got brighter and brighter, promising a beautiful new day.




I felt very grateful, and decided that I WOULD post on my blog today. After all, Mister was still sleeping, the dog went back to bed, and I was thankful for my blessings.
I checked my blog and saw that prayer requests of other bloggers were being answered.
I grew ever more grateful. Joyful, even. So I posted.

Have a wonderful weekend, all of you! I am grateful for every one of you. Thank you for enjoying and sharing the simple pleasures and joys of life with me. Thank you for sharing yourselves!

Carol

Kitchen remodel update follows:



All the cabinets are in, as is under cabinet lighting. See the farmhouse sink?




The fridge is now built in. We kept the fridge, and Mister had the most brilliant idea to put in a bookcase and cabinets around it.




Let's hear it for Mister!!




Please joing Laurie today for A Few of My Favorite Things Saturday!!! Thanks for hosting, Laurie!

13 comments:

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

"We kept the fridge, and Mister had the most brilliant idea to put in a bookcase and cabinets around it."

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Glad to see your kitchen project is rolling right along...LOVE that bookcase! Your morning sounds a lot like mine...I so enjoy the hour or so that I am up before everyone else...just putzing and quietly enjoying ALL I have to be grateful for. Happy Saturday :)

Blessings!
Gail

Rhondi said...

Hi Carol
Your kitchen is going to be fabulous when it's done. I love your house. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Hugs, Rhondi

Debbie said...

Love that bookcase around the fridge! That Mister had an inspired idea. I can picture it all "done up".

And... I noticed this morning that YOU were my 100th little picture on the sideboard. THANK you! I am returning the favor... which I *though* I had done already already since I enjoy your simple pleasures posts and LOVE to read about restoring an old house.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like a perfect morning! Your kitchen is coming along nicely, lovin' your sink!

Dining Delight said...

Your kitchen reno is looking great! Love the white with the stainless steel! The sink is perfect! It is nice to get up early on your day off, it makes the day last longer!

DD

Olive Cooper said...

I am thrilled you got a farmhouse sink. The kitchen is going great! ♥O

Leann said...

I'm so jealous of your re-model. We just spent over $800 for some under the sink and basement plumbing that you can't even see:(

Can't wait to see when it's all finished.

Leann

bj said...

Your Mister is a smart fella...this is going to look great...and all that added space to store...well....STUFF !! :))
You are going to have such a pretty kitchen and I'd kill for a farm house sink. *heavy sigh

Kathleen said...

Sounds good to me! A day to just do what you are moved to, and enjoy a slower pace!
Have a blessed Sunday!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful way to begin a day. Enjoy your weekend. The house is looking great. ~ Sarah

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I love those quiet mornings when I get up before anyone else and enjoy the solitude before the day begins. That IS a great idea to build the bookcase and cabinets around the refrigerator! Y'all are doing such a wonderful job with your makeover. (Loving the farmhouse sink - I really want one of those). Thank you for linking to Favorite Things Sat. (I think I need Mister to come work at my house for awhile) laurie

Jane said...

I love the built-in look of the fridge! What a clever idea....kudos to the Mister. You know, I love when I wake up early enough to go sit out on the front porch and watch the sky lighten with the new Day. It's just a beautiful, quiet time.