Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sunrise



I was so excited to have a free day this week! I woke up and thought I'd go check out the sunrise!




Here it is, over the city.




It changes every minute.




Here's a grand house. These people can see this view every morning, and all day long. I wonder if they take time to take it in.



Yes, I did say Grand, didn't I?



But, you know, I really preferred this simpler house. It's white (love white houses) and it's old and unassuming. I like how the sunrise gives a rosy glow to the windows.




It's in a beautiful setting, here, but....wait for it.....




Surprise! It overlooks the city, too!

Have a great Simple Pleasures Thursday. Slow down a little to see the things that are there every day and take in their beauty.

Carol


Join Dayle today for Simple Pleasures Thursday at
http://alittleofthisandthat2.blogspot.com/ !

15 comments:

Jane said...

How beautiful is the sunrise! Stunning photos. I agree that the white house is the BEST - rosy windows and all! Thank you so much for sharing this sunrise with us!

Susan said...

I, too, vote for the little white house with the crooked path! What a charmer. Sunrise photos were beautiful. Susan

Dayle said...

Ah ... one of my favorite simple pleasures ... sunrises. I so love this.

Ms.Daisy said...

Love the little white cottage with the twisty lane to its door! Lovely sunrise and views of the city. I agree we need to slow down and really see what is around us. Thanks!

~Jean

Vee said...

What a view that little white house on the hill has! Very cool!

Christine said...

Don't you just want to go and knock on the door?
That winding path is so inviting!

Karen said...

You captured a wonderful picture of the sunrise. I prefer the white one too. I could definitely enjoy the view and the sunrise.
Like you said, just hope the ones at the top of the hill slow to look.
Karen

Dawn said...

here i mostly get sunsets... but i do love a sunrise... His promise of a new day! one of the (many!) things i loved about being in africa this summer was having both sunrise and sunset each day.
i love your take on the houses! and i can't wait to poke around here and see your house story!

Debbie said...

Oh, I LOVE the little cottage looking one with the winding path. I love how you found that both of them looked over the SAME city and the same sunrise and set as well.

This truly is, in my opinion, taking note of the simple beauties.

A Hopeful Heart said...

Yes, sunrises and sunsets are some of the most beautiful of God's gifts to us. Your photos are gorgeous.

Blessings,
Patti

sarah said...

the best things in life are absolutely free....like watching the sunrise or sunset....beautitul

Cindy said...

Sunrises are such a sweet simple pleasure that is often overlooked.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs!

Kathleen said...

That's one beautiful sunrise. This is one of my Simple Pleasures too. Love all your pictures.

Gayle said...

Sunrises never disappoint. I don't see as many as I'd like to. :-(

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Lovely photos!!!

And written Wisdom, to go along with them.

Thank you...