Monday, September 13, 2010

The Third and Final Mantel



This third, and final mantel is in our master bedroom. The master is the 2nd floor of the addition that the previous owners had added. It is heated by this gas fireplace. We have 4 windows in the master, as well as sliders that lead to the 2nd floor deck out back. You can see that 2 of the windows flank the fireplace.
You can get a glimpse of the wall color above the fireplace. One of my very favorite wall colors.




A little of the detail up close.




On each side of the mantel is a decorative vent.




Mister cut a hole on the top of the fireplace and added another vent. The cats love to lay on the top in the winter. Warm and cosy.




This mantel is an antique, too. The previous owner had it installed when the fireplace was installed.

So, we'll be ready when the weather cools down. You'll find me blogging and reading by the fire!

Have a most wonderful day!

Carol

Thank you, Cielo, for hosting Show off Your Cottage Monday! (houseinroses.blogspot.com/)

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love the mantel. It will be lovely to sit there and read.

Carolyn

Vee said...

Fireplaces in bedrooms have just got to be one of the most romantic things ever. In my first home, I had a mantel, but the fireplace had long been bricked in. The kitties must be in heaven when the first fire is lighted.

Red Couch Recipes said...

No mantels to be found in my home. I do love the look, especially of an antique mantel. Lovely redo. My cat would enjoy a warm space too. Joni

From the Kitchen said...

I'm unsure if I've ever commented on your blog. However, we are "kit" homeowners as well--a 1921 arts and crafts bungalow. We purchased the house almost twenty years ago. We are the third owners and have had to do little--we did finish the upstairs space into two bedrooms, sitting room and bathroom and have refinished the downstairs floors. Along the way, central air and a gas furnace was added. We love the charm that is not a part of new construction. I look forward to exploring your blog further.

Best,
Bonnie

Olive Cooper said...

Beautiful and well done. hugs♥olive

Love of the Sea said...

Just found you from Cottage Monday. I am fascinated by the story of your house....amazing...love the idea of living in a sears kit house. I am going spend time on your blog...!!