Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A White, and Grateful! Wednesday

I'd never heard of Hobby Lobby before I started blogging. Never. So imagine my surprise when we drove past one about 30 minutes from home! It was a Sunday, so it was closed, but I vowed to myself that I would return.



And return we did, this weekend. Mister and I had a blast! We picked up a couple of things for the new kitchen. Like the sign. Right now it's displayed in our temporary kitchen.




I wanted to get a magnetic board, since the front of the fridge isn't magnetic. Found this memo board. We've picked out the perfect place to hang it when the kitchen is finished.




On Tuesday I had a day off and visited my parents. I left, feeling very much loved, as usual. My mom made lunch, and sent me home with my very own pineapple upside down cake since we have a makeshift kitchen right now.
I managed to wait about 15 minutes after getting home to have a piece. Then I upgraded to a slab, because I told myself it was like having half a piece of a 2 layer cake......





My dad? Well, he ASKED me if it was ok if he touched up my front bumper. Each front corner was pretty scraped up. One side scraped by yours truly, and one side compliments of Chickie. If you ever saw my dad's cars.....well, let's just say they always look like they've just been detailed. I maintain my car well, but don't really care about cosmetics with it. In fact, I identify it in the parking lot by the symmetrical scrapings on the front bumper. Here's Dad's work. Now it's back to it's original generic look, no longer white and chippy!

Anyway, one of my greatest blessings is my parents' love for me. We always enjoy each other's company, but they truly have the gift of sharing their love. I am truly blessed, and grateful!

Another thing for which I am truly thankful is the fun of White Wednesday. Make sure to check out Faded Charm for this delightful party.

Also, Heidi at Heart and Home
hosts Wednesday Gratitude weekly on her delightful blog!

Have a most wonderful Wednesday!

Carol

12 comments:

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Carol, that's so great that your dad does things like that for you. I am lucky too, hubby maintains all our cars. One of my most favorite cakes to make is that pineapple upside down cake. That's exactly how I make mine. Isn't it the yummiest thing! I love the things you bought from hobby lobby too! take care, Maryann

Debbie said...

You are so blessed to have a dad who not only wants to do such things for you but can! I have to buy silver cars (always...) because I'm sort of a serial scratcher and dinger.

Glad you discovered a HL close by. Sometimes, I visit ours just to stroll around and buy nothing.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I like your kitchen finds! Wish there was a Hobby Lobby around here, and love pineapple upside down cake:@)

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

LOVE that memo board! So classy.

A Dad who details. Wow! Lucky you. -grin- 'Uncle A.' likes to keep at "boo-boo's" but we [here] aren't as prompt at getting to things, as your Dad is. :-)

Rebecca said...

You've opened a big of worms going to Hobby Lobby-they have great stuff and great sales! Happy WW

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Found you from Faded Charm...wish we had a HL here in Pa. but so far none! What a wonderful mom & dad you have, detailed car and pineapple upside down cake, it can't get any better than that!

Janean said...

white is my super-fav color!!

...and that pineapple upside down cake made me have to clean my computer screen b/c i tried to lap some of it up! ha!

A Cottage Muse said...

Love the memo board! So nice to have you visit today, thank you!

Dayle said...

Hobby Lobby ... heaven on earth.

Olive Cooper said...

Carol, you recieved a pineapple upside down cake! Eat some for me please. I have not had that in years. Waiting for that kitchen reveal. hugs♥olive

Average Girl said...

Okay I am Canadian and I have no idea what a Hobby Lobby is? Carol, what is it? and when do I get one *blink blink*

Average Girl said...

Hey Carol...

When you get a chance, hop over to my blog... I gave you and your lovely blog an award!

Cheers
Tracy