Sunday, October 10, 2010

Counters



Here is the kitchen before we started this remodel. We had tile countertops. They were practical and useful and heat resistant too. I do like tile.




The cabinets are in, and the new countertops were installed Friday.




The installers applied the oil, we rubbed it off, and re-applied it 24 hours later.




Yes. That's right. The new counter is soapstone. Our dream countertop.




The new faucet is set in place to make sure the holes were drilled correctly. They were. Fortunately, the installers realized before they left that the air switch for the disposal (to the left of faucet) needed a bigger hole than initially drilled!
So the hole was enlarged.




The kitchen is scheduled to be finished this week! Then all that will be left is for Mister to put another coat of polyurethane on the floor....and move the island back in...and it'll be done!

Have a most wonderful fall Monday. Make sure to check Cielo's blog for Show off Your Cottage Monday, and BNOTP for Met Monday!

Carol


16 comments:

Mildred said...

It's beautiful. Love the soapstone. You should join Shelia for her Heart of the Home Party this coming Wed. - info is on my sidebar!

Olive Cooper said...

The soapstone is fabulous. I know you are excited. ♥O

Deanne said...

Love the black and white!

One Heart said...

Oh how beautiful. I love the floor too. I'd never leave that kitchen.

Glad you stopped by my little corner and also glad the reminder to fret not helped. =D

Much love!

micey said...

this kitchen is gorgeous!

Donna said...

I am in love with your gorgeous kitchen! The counters are great, love your cabinets, too! And I really love your checkerboard floor, what a great re-do!

Tamara Jansen said...

The counters look amazing and I love that diamond floor pattern!

Shelia said...

Oh, my! How gorgeous are your countertops!! I love how everything is looking! Now you know this post is perfect for my Heart of the Home Party on Wednesday - we'll be showing our kitchens! I do hope you'll come.
be a sweetie and thank you so much for becoming a follower.
Shelia :)

Marie said...

Your kitchen reno turned out 100% beautiful and perfect!!! Luv the soapstone countertop and that yummy apron sink. Congratulations!
-marie

Atticmag said...

Your kitchen looks splendid. The floor picks up the soapstone to perfection and the sink and faucets are perfect with the style. It's always such a pleasure to see someone get a good new kitchen. Looking forward to the next installment and thanks for stopping by.

bj said...

Just beautiful...I love most of all, the farm house sink..I WANT ONE, TOO...bwaaaaa..

Be sure to link with Notesongs KITCHEN PARTY on the 13th. This post is perfect.!!

bj said...

My comment just disappeared...
Beautiful kitchen!!

Debbie said...

Love it, love it, love it!! Here I sit with my pathetic kitchen which needs a redo...

I really do love every step that you've shown. I look forward to seeing the posts unfold when they do. The black and white looks fabulous, and I can only imagine what the finished product will look like.

And it's right around the corner, isn't it?

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love the soapstone counters & Your kitchen is very charming! Coming over from Met Monday- nice to meet you! :)

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Your kitchen looks lovely. Soapstone is my dream counter as well.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

It's gorgeous, Carol!!