Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Drumroll, please!.....



You've all been more than patient,




kind, encouraging,




sweet and thoughtful.
Seems like you should be the first to see the (99%) finished project!





We kept the antique hutch. Mister had the inspiration to build the fridge in with a bookcase and overhead cabinets.



This side of the kitchen remains unchanged, except for wall color and Mister's paint job on the worn wide plank floor. Oh, Mister did paint the hutch. Basically the same color, just matches the new cabinets.




You can see the front door through the foyer, hutch on your right.




We're standing in the middle of the room. I must have Mister help me slide the island back in when he gets home, but we can stand in its place in the meantime and look around us. I hang my aprons on the basement door.




Let's look at the new side of the kitchen again! The subway tile is in. We have plumbing and soapstone counters. And the dreamy farmhouse sink.




We only lack electric socket covers, the rest of the tile (it will go to the baseboard to the left of the range) and one piece of crown moulding.



As soon as the plumbing was in today, I baked a cake in the bottom oven....and cookies in the top oven! Simultaneously!!...

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!

Carol



Please check out Shelia's blog for today's Heart of the Home Party...



....and Faded Charm for White Wednesday!

30 comments:

bj said...

I love your pretty kitchen. I know you are so happy with it. Love your pendant lighting...

Laurie at Turner Farm said...

wonderful kitchen, and love that sink!

Allison Shops said...

How pretty! You've done a nice job. Love the flooring especially. Stopping by from Note Songs party. I hope you'll drop by Atticmag to see our kitchens - it's a three for one!

Allison
Atticmag

Mildred said...

It's beautiful. The paint color has such a warm glow. But my favorite....the sink! I bet it smelled wonderful with all the baking.

Olive Cooper said...

Woo Hooness! You are baking in two ovens. That is fabulous. Blessings to your new space dear one. hugs♥olive

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Enjoy your new fab space!!!

Cindy said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the sink and the floor, it is TDF! What fun to live in an old house and have a super modern (stove with two ovens) yet turn of the century looking gorgeous kitchen! Our house was a Sears kit house, too, 80 some years ago. It's a Craftsman Bungalow. I need to look around your blog and see more.
Hugs, Cindy

Leann said...

Drool...

Enjoy it my friend!
Leann

Vee said...

A very pretty kitchen and I know it will be a joy to work in. Oh to have two ovens! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...

Liz said...

Oh goodness! I so want that sink! :) I love your kitchen!

~Liz

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, congratulations on your pretty kitchen! I love everything about it! The built in hutch is marvelous, so big and lots of storage. I'm drooling over your sink! I've always wanted one but my hubby just doesn't like them! I hate that! :( Your floors are so gorgeous and I'm in love with your little pendant lights! Thanks so much, Carol, for coming to my party.
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jane said...

This is wonderful! How pretty and functional. Love your light fixture as well!

Jane

Rebecca said...

Wow-I'm jealous-great kitchen!

Debbie said...

Love it!!! This has been so fun to me to watch it unfold. I make no secret of the fact that I would love to live in an old house. If I ever did, I would want a kitchen renovation very much like this one. You did a really great job!!

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Lovely!!!!

And I especially love those hanging light fixture 'shades.' Oh yes, be still my heart. Could you please say where you got them, and who makes them?

Please and thank you.

Janet said...

I am really excited for you Carol; the kitchen is gorgeous and I am so envious of the dual ovens! Enjoy!

Janet

SmilingSally said...

Hi Carol,

I love your kitchen, especially your hutch and those gorgeous lights.

Check out my book giveaways.

Marydon said...

Oh, yummy! That sink is gorgeous! I never thought of that type of sink ... hmmmm! Light bulb time!

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh Carol, I'm crazy about your kitchen! I think it might be the most perfect one I've ever seen. And I know it's not good to covet other people's things, but I am jealous of that sink!

Angela said...

It's so pretty and cottage!! What could be better?

artis1111 said...

I need that sink!!! Great kitchen.Kathy

gail said...

Hi Carol...I'm back from babysitting and enjoying catchin up. I absolutely love your kitchen. Everything works so well together...beautiful!
gail

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

Very nice! Trish

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Wonderful farmhouse sink. Your kitchen looks really nice!
Valerie

Jennifer said...

Beautiful warm kitchen!

Take care!
~Jennifer

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Carol...what a wonderful, warm, inviting place to gather!!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Carol, I have always had a white kitchen until this house, and I so want one again! Yours is beautiful. Enjoy it! Linda

Morning Glory Cottage said...

I love your kitchen. Such a splendid job. Enjoy it!

Melissa Searle said...

What an adorable little kitchen! :) Its beautiful! I love older style ones, and this is perfect!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Carol, I love that built in hutch. It adds such charm! I came so close to having soapstone countertops in my kitchen. Do you love them? I think I would have. Love your b/w floor. It has all turned out so pretty. laurie