Friday, October 1, 2010

Kitchen in Progress



I hauled the little game table we use in the sunporch, and most recently in the family room to a new place, the kitchen. The island is still in the makeshift family room/kitchen, but I thought we should celebrate the kitchen's progress by eating in there. Look how spacious this modest sized kitchen looks! The table also helps us not hit our heads on the pendant lights.




The dishwasher, range and microwave have been installed. And you can see the dreamy farmhouse sink.....




The microwave and the range are actually operational at this time. I used them last night.




Still have the crown molding to be completed, the black soapstone counter to be installed, the sink/dishwasher to be plumbed, the white subway tile backsplash to be installed.

Then.....it will be time to decorate!




Look at the leg detail under the sink! And the cabinets with the seeded glass over the sink!

It's getting so close!

Have a wonderful weekend, and make sure to visit Cindy for Show and Tell Friday!

13 comments:

Debbie said...

I love watching this progress! It's so fun to me.
Yours is really coming together so well, and I really love the appliances you chose.

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

How exciting for you!! I LOVE the flooring and the bin pulls and the seed glass! It all looks fabulous :)

Blessings!
Gail

Vee said...

This has been fun to watch...mostly I'm enjoying reading your delight!

Pam said...

Oh, I want some soapstone!!!! I love that look. And your floor is gorgeous.

Olive Cooper said...

Yayness! Loving that sink and the floor...so happy for you. hugs♥o

Janet said...

I love soapstone.. the color, the texture and the fact that a lot of it is from Vermont. In the upper end homes we saw on the Providence House tour it is the "new" granite. Congrats for being ahead of the design curve ;)

Jane said...

The kitchen looks great! Good job!

Jane

AKing said...

The kitchen is our last renovation to do - I'm terrified to start on it though! Your kitchen is really looking good - I love white cabinets

April
http://akinglyaffair.blogspot.com/

Average Girl said...

Oh i love it, i love it, i love it!!!!!!!!

Envy My Cooking said...

Found your blog through links! Love your blog!
If you ever need new recipes or want to be featured..than please come become a follower to see daily updates and email us if you would like us to feature you!!!

could we feature your kitchen for next friday.. for envy my kitchen

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Oh dear! Those hanging lights! Good to have a table under them! :-)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Carol it all looks so wonderful! My mom is remodeling her kitchen and she loved the bookcase/shelves you put by your refrigerator. She had me print out a picture to show her contractor. I can't wait to see the kitchen all finished. If I could have any countertop in the world, I would want black soapstone too! I am so excited for you. You've done a fabulous job. Now I have to go back and visit earlier posts.

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Your kitchen is looking amazing! I love the black and white tiled floors. When I was a kid, our kitchen had the same floor and vintage white cabinets. Love the sink too!