Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mom and Dad's



So I went to visit my parents. I am fortunate that we are only 30 minutes apart. It was a beautiful day for a drive.




They live in a lovely neighborhood, with lots of mature trees.




They moved here 7 years ago. They wanted to live closer to town and have less upkeep. I wanted them to move to my town, but they did end up being about half an hour closer than they had been.




My dad is like me. Everything neat and well maintained outside. Except I don't mind some chippy, vintage too, but Dad likes things neat and organized.







Mom and Dad have an amazing view from their bay window. This doesn't half do it justice. And in the winter, when the leaves fall, you can see the lights of the city.


I had a great time. Mom had some books to give me that she thought I'd like. We had chili for lunch and then coffee with Almond Toffee Cookies from the Taste Of Home magazine. I asked her for the recipe and she said to google it and I could easily find it.
Oh, my goodness, those cookies were amazing!

Then after visiting for a while, they gave me a portrait of my great great grandparents that I will have to show you....soon!

I'm off to Cielo's for Show off Your Cottage Monday!

Have a splendid day,
Carol

6 comments:

Mildred said...

Your parents home is very pretty and the view is awesome. Glad you enjoyed the visit and I look forward to seeing the treasured photo.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Don't ya just love it when your Mom says "just Google it"! Google is a beautiful thing:@)

Linda said...

So nice your parents are so close...looks like a fun day! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

xinex said...

Your parent's home is beautiful, Carol. And how nice that they live closeby so you can visit often. About the jewelry, I plan to give a set each as Christmas presents for hubby's employees in addition ot a gift certificate to my store....Christine

Olive Cooper said...

Carol, that is a blessing to have them so near to you. hugs♥olive

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your parents have a very pretty home.
Thanks for the information on the paint.
Have a great week.