Friday, October 8, 2010

Rambling about Favorite Things



Look at the amazing markings on this hen. She's one of 7 in my sister's flock. There is beauty all around us.




My sister gave me a dozen fresh eggs from her chickens. Love fresh and local food!




It is so wonderful to have this old screen door repaired and freshly painted! It just hit me as I walked around the house today.




I always love looking at these old windows of the sunporch. Such character...




Coming around to the other side of the sunporch and the first floor porch. The colors and the light are beautiful today!

Wishing you a beautiful Saturday, filled with your favorite things!

Make sure to stop by Laurie's for the Favorite Things Party!

Carol

11 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

The hen is beautiful. Your sun porch is so pretty. I can see why you like it. hugs♥O

xinex said...

I love your sun porch, love the windows too. Your hen is beautiful...Christine

Suzy said...

What a cute little hen. I agree the colors are neat and your porch is too! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Debbie said...

Oh Carol, I love your sun porch! One of the many old house which I wanted but didn't get (sniff) had one that looked like that. Love it.

And how cute is that speckled hen?!?

Pat said...

Pretty little hen Carol. And oh my brown eggs!

I love your sun porch. Beautiful!

Pat@Back Porch Musings

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Great favorites Carol! I enjoy my hens and their fresh brown eggs very much. Your screen door is great and I remember one very similar on our screened porch when I was a girl.

Blessings!
Gail

Vee said...

Say, if you can get your sister to raise the chickens and give you some eggs, you've got it made! Your screen door looks wonderful and is full of vintage charm.

Leann said...

I love that sunporch. Wish that we had one.

Enjoy the sunshine!

Leann

Calming Scents said...

Beautiful hen and boy would i love having eggs that fresh, so pretty! Your a lucky girl to have a porch.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Really like your porch. I would love to have a space like that.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

That hen is so pretty! Love the way you captured the sunlight on your porch. It looks like such a lovely place to relax. I also really like the color of your screen door. Great Favorite Things. I'm so glad you linked this post. laurie