Friday, October 22, 2010

Saturday Favorites and Thank Yous



Blogging is one of my favorite things. It is a source of delight, interaction, connection, inspiration and encouragement.
Just this week, Brenda at Cozy Little House featured me on her weekly Welcome Wagon Friday. Thank you, Brenda, and I do enjoy visiting your delightful blog!



I love the color of our dining room walls. It transformed the dining room from average cute to beautiful.




Hazelnut coffee. We enjoy it as the weather cools. It just seems like a cozy cool weather homey snuggly thing to do.
And cloth napkins. We've stopped using paper ones. These were an excellent buy, and they have such a wonderful texture. Thank you, dear Olive! for the inspiration.



White pumpkins. I have this faux one, and a Real one, too. The Real one is outside.
White is wonderful.




Dishes. I don't think I could have too many.




I found these at a yard sale years ago. They are the same pattern I remember from my childhood, at my grandparents' cabin. My grandmother had them in yellow, blue, green, white.

Join Laurie to enjoy her wonderful A Few of My Favorite Things Saturday party! Thanks, Laurie for hosting this terrific event!

Carol

14 comments:

Vee said...

Congrats on being featured! That's always fun...

No, no one can have too many dishes, just not enough space to store them in. Love your new cloth napkins...very pretty!

Mildred said...

Everything looks so cheerful. I love the white pumpkin with the pretty blue dishes and the cloth napkins look so festive. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Seedplanter Designs said...

I found your blog via Brenda's Cozy Little House. So glad I did! Lots to explore here - can hardly wait to set aside more time and dig in!

Your house has an incredible history. I remember reading about the Sears Kit Homes a while back.

Marydon said...

What a lovely feature of you & so sweet of Brenda. Will go by & meet her ...

Love those dishes, & I sure do remember them.

Happy PS weekend ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Sarah said...

That yellow and blue combo with the little white pumpkin is certainly fresh and inviting. ~ Sarah

High Street Cottage said...

Just stopped by from A cozy little home's blog, what a beautiful house! Great blog, keep up the good work, tami

Debbie said...

Ah, you hit upon some of my favorites too! I especially love cloth napkins. We haven't used paper ones for decades, seriously. I just love a cloth one.

How nice to be featured on The Welcome Wagon!!

Jane said...

Love the cat noir - that is a real classic!

Jane

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Carol, I love that wall color too, and oh, the colors of those plates - the blue and yellow together - so pretty. How nice that Brenda featured you on her blog. Thank you so much for linking to Favorite Things again. You have some wonderful favorites. laurie

Leann said...

Hi Carol

I love the new color of the dining room - so warm and inviting. And, I know what you mean about the white pumpkins - I bought a few real mini ones myself. I've looked for the faux white ones, but the looked really bad. Where did you get yours?

Leann

dmuseit said...

Isn't it wonderful to find something to remind you of childhood that you can love and treasure in your own home.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I'm lovin' your cute dishes, no, one can never have too many:@)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Yes, yes! Hazelnut coffee...how luxurious! And cloth napkins...why wait for a special occasion? Love your favorites, too, Carol! Hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like your dishes!
I have been thinking about a similar color for my kitchen area - May I ask what brand of paint it is?
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.