Monday, October 18, 2010

Tweaking the Dining Room



The Dining Room. When we moved in, the walls were, I guess, antique white and the woodwork painted brown.




It was a little hard to tell much about it, because there was a LOT of furniture in it. A couple of armoires, a table and chairs, lots of things on the walls.




I just wanted to clear it out and see what was left. It's not big, but I just couldn't see it, as chock full as it was.




I painted the walls pale yellow. Nope. Wrong color. I painted the woodwork white, including the antique fireplace mantel on the wall. Painted the inside of the fireplace black. Then we found the right wall color. Chickie helped me paint the walls the second time.




With your back to the windows, you can see into the (newly remodeled) kitchen.




The chandelier matches the pendant lights in the (newly remodeled) kitchen.




This view looks into the living room. The china cabinet was just moved from the corner where the armchair now resides.




The cat picture was moved in from the living room. We like it here. The colors are great and we view it more here.




The table is a lovely place to have a romantic dinner or a family meal!

Visit Cielo today to see other cottage show offs!

Have a marvelous day,
Carol

18 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' the fireplace in the dining room, very nice:@)

Mildred said...

A most charming dining room. Love the white trim and fireplace and the wall color is very cozy. Thank you for sharing with us today.

Olive Cooper said...

Sometimes less is more. The fireplace is very pretty.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Lovely!!! So glad you got the paints colors finalized. We're going through this paint-color-tap-dance in our front hall now.

Thank you much, for the great pics of the lighting. We went looking for some, over the weekend. But they didn't seem to have as many out, as they usually would. Or maybe it's just that it seems that way....... That there have been more shown [of that type] when I wasn't really looking, than there are now. :-)

But we have plenty of time and more place to check. It's not something that has to be done, on any schedule.

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

A lovely and welcoming room, Carol! I love big windows and lots of natural light in a dining room...looks like you have just that :)

Blessings!
Gail

Marydon said...

G'morn, Carol` What a lovely change, so warm & inviting. Love the kitchen redo too.

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN Hugs, Marydon

Debbie said...

Well, of course I love it! I love the paint color that you did choose. I also think the tiffany light fixture that matches the kitchen is beautiful. It goes just beautifully in there.

Trying not to covet the Sears Kit Home...

Vee said...

How nice to have a fireplace in the dining room. What color are the walls now? I always love the look of white moldings. What is the next project? You folks are always so busy...

Cindy said...

Your dining room is really beautiful, I love that it still looks like an elegant old dining room, with a lovely fireplace gracing one wall, ah, so perfect! I love the light fixture, so perfect for this house. Hugs, cindy

Kathy said...

Hello there! The wall color is wonderful - very serene and the fireplace turned out marvelous! Love the stainglass chandelier!
Kathy

Linda said...

I love the color you decided on, Carol...makes the room very cozy and inviting! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments!

Brenda Kula said...

Good idea to change the color of your baseboards, etc. I have had brown, and now have a cream color. Makes a lot of difference, doesn't it?
Brenda

Heidi said...

I love your house, everything is so pretty! And I adore your painted woodwork, which is a thorn in my side at my house. It's still unpainted and drives me crazy, but somehow I haven't mustered up the energy to paint it myself. YET. It will happen...
Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment and your support during my struggles these past weeks. I appreciate you!
xo
Heidi - Heart and Home

The Rural Life (aka Cornbread Fed) said...

Trade houses? :)

Love it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your home is lovely! ♥

The Tablescaper said...

Your dining room looks very warm and inviting.

- The Tablescaper

Lindy said...

You are blessed with a wonderful house. I love the dining room! Beautiful wall color. You did good!!!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

I had to stop by when I saw the name of your blog. My son is a custom home builder and he and I were just recently going through books on Sears Kit Homes...so this is a delight to see one that someone is living in and re-doing.
I love what you have done and enjoyed my visit here.