Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's Wednesday!



Wednesday has never been my favorite day of the week, but White Wednesday??? Now THAT'S something to celebrate! Be sure to visit Faded Charm for this week's celebration.



First, let me introduce you to Chickie. Not my Chickie, my dear daughter, but Chickie the...uh...chickie! She is the hen who is at the top of the pecking order in my sister's family's flock. You'll be meeting the others soon.




I saw some nice homes when I was out and about this week. This old brick farmhouse was always lovely, but they painted it a few years back, and now it really pops.




I just liked this one because it was old and it was white.




Here's a very cozy home. The picture doesn't do the coziness justice.




Here's part of the kitchen as the remodel is at a pause. We are awaiting the soapstone counters, and then next week, the white subway tile backsplash. But I did get the bookcase filled and decorated! We'll be using the very bottom shelf to hold the dog's dishes.

Have a splendid White Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing other white posts, too!

Carol

8 comments:

Vee said...

Love that kitchen bookshelf! I wish that I had a handy place for pet dishes...I don't care for the look. Maybe I need a closet to feed pets in, too. :D

Beautiful homes and I can see that they would be cozy ones. Chickie is cute for a chicken.

(Oh, believe me, I avoid posting pictures of myself like the plague and for the same reasons that you mentioned in your comment.)

Lori Lynn said...

That chickie is so pretty! I just want to eat her up! uh...maybe not. sorry.LOL! Happy White Wednesday!
*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* LORI LYNN *

Patti's Artful Design said...

Looking forward to watching your home restoration....looks wonderful so far. Ooh...and soapstone counters...love that! Thank you for stopping by my blog with those kind comments.

Rebecca said...

The house is amazing- love old farm houses!

Debbie said...

I love old farmhouses too. That one recently painted white would draw me as well.

And I really like the bookshelf around your fridge. It's was an inspired idea. You'll be able to showcase all kinds of things in there!

Olive Cooper said...

White farm houses are pretty and I cannot wait to see the soapstone. ♥O

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Such pretty homes. My 'chickie' a rooster, bit me today. Just as I was telling him how fresh he was and pointing my finger at him, he bit me. Then I had to remind him of the big pot that is waiting for chicken soup to be made;)I don't think he cares. Never a dull moment:)
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh you live the good life! Love your home!