Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Edith

I am grateful for my dear friend, Edith. She became a family friend when I was a child and has been an inspiration and godly example to me all of my life.





She told me this was coming. And it arrived. Today! Edith sent me this box of treasures!




Tony was almost as delighted as I was!




There was a pretty card, with a loving handwritten note inside.




There was a picture of Edith!




When she read my White Wednesday post about milk glass she realized she had my hen's twin, but with a red comb.
There was also a teeny tiny hen!




Three lovely napkins with beautiful detail.




Edith is one of the prayer warriors I call on when an urgent need arises.




She was an invaluable source of insight and experience when I was a single parent.




She's been an inspiration to me, of godly character, love and perseverance.




She's on FaceBook!




A lovely inlaid wood pin, a beautiful brooch and 4 napkin rings.




A more detailed picture of the brooch.




I have gifts from over the years from Edith throughout my home. When I went to college, Edith made up a laundry basket filled with useful things I would need in the dorm. She included this little plaque that she made.




She made this plaque for Chickie's room when she was born. The bunny's tail is a tiny pompom.




This was my first sewing kit. The elastic is shot now, 30 years later, but it had everything I needed in it for a quick clothes repair.




Edith shares my love for animals. I love this darling puppy/kitten picture!


She has been a wonderful friend for most of my life. Edith opened her home to me when Mister was undergoing prostate cancer surgery in her town years ago. She had women college students boarding with her for years, so she has recently been sharing insight with me on the process of girls going to college and becoming independent.
She has encouraged me and cheered me on all the way.

Thank you Edith, for the blessing you have been in my life!
I love you!

Carol

I am joining Heidi today for Wednesday Gratitude, and Faded Charm for White Wednesday.Have a wonderful Wednesday!



13 comments:

Vee said...

Oh what a blessing to have an Edith in your life. My Edith's name was Carol. Just thought you'd like to know. What a lot of treasures Edith has bestowed upon you, both the material and spiritual kind. She is one beautiful lady.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Oh How I LOVED your post and that Wonderful Lady named "EDITH"... I KNEW it was going to be a Wonderful post by it's name, That was my VERY SPECIAL Grandmothers Name... So already "I LOVED it and HER"!!! I have the most BEAUTIFUL clematis that for years didn't have a name(It didn't come with one, BUT just this year I was able to track down it's name and I feel SO BLESSED, "It's name is EDITH"!!! It's pictured in one of my older posts for White Wednesday...
Hugs to you, AND to your special friend Edith...

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Wonderful heirlooms your special friend Edith sent you! She obviously loves you (as you do her) very much. Thanks for sharing! Happy WW.

-Danielle

Rebecca said...

How kind of Edith-love the puppy and kitty print!

Debbie said...

You have a special, special person in your life! I love the treasures that she sent you. I can tell, though, that her friendship to you is the greatest treasure.

I had a woman like that in my life. We lost her unexpectantly to a fatal stroke last year about this time. I'm so glas that you love and appreciate your special friend.

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

What a Treasure Edith has been, don't we all need alittle Edith in Our Lives, or better Yet, Be An Edith to Someone! Thanks for Sharing & God Bless Edith!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is so sweet it makes me want to cry. Edith is a true friend, and how wonderful of her to gift you with her treasures!

Loved this post...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Olive Cooper said...

Blessings to Edith for being such a blessing to you. The brooch is beautiful. ♥O

Pam said...

That is so sweet that she sent that to you. I have a couple of those larger hens that my Mom collected. And I have that dog/kittie picture. Bought it at a garage sale and I have it sitting on my desk.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a delightful lady Edith must be! How sweet to send you those treasures. Is your daughter's name Bronwyn? Have I missed that detail before? I so wanted to name our Baby Bee Bronwyn but hubs was adamantly against it. I love that name and it evokes all kinds of comforting images for me. Don't ask me why! I have no idea!

Thanks for sharing Edith with us!

Leann said...

I am so glad that you have such a wonderful and true friend in Edith. I know that you must treasure her dearly.

Leann

Secret Garden Cottage said...

What sweet gifts that your dear friend Edith sent you! How lucky you are to have someone so special in your life. :)
~ Jo :)

Kathleen said...

Your friend is a treasure for sure. It is a blessing to have someone like her!
What lovely things she sent, but none so sweet as her friendship!