Saturday, November 6, 2010

His Gift



Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD. 7 You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. 8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4

I've had my battles with insomnia, and I couldn't fix the problem myself. Even when I tried all the recommendations, tried praying and spending time in the Word, tried, tried,tried.

I had to stop trying. I couldn't "earn" sleep. I had to learn to receive it.

In this season of being an empty nester, I have had to release and trust. God has blessed me with an incomparable gift. I didn't even know to ask for it. It is the joy of His intimate omnipresence. The joy of an overflowingly grateful heart.

The result is peace. And rest. The kind that He alone can provide.

Have a wonderfully blessed Sunday!

Thank you Charlotte and Ginger, for hosting this blessed party. It blesses and feeds us!

Carol

12 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh so know this...great post. Good word in due season! Thanks

sarah said...

I love what you wrote....it's soo true.

Marydon said...

Amen! Beautiful write ...

Have a lovely weekend ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Olive Cooper said...

Oh Carol what a beautiful lesson.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This post touched my heart today.
God Bless,
Ginger

dunlizzie said...

As a recovered insomniac myself I totally get you on this. How you talked about just receiving parallels so well the nature of our salvation, amongst other gifts God dives us, like peace. Thanks for this great post :)

Donnie said...

These are such lovely words. Thank you for posting it for this Sunday.

Clif said...

Good message. I'm pleased to read this today. I have a problem with staying asleep at night. Your words are encouraging.

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing your gift of peace. And what a cute peaceful picture. Have a blessed peaceful week.
Charlotte

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm loving your gift of peace. I have had a bit of that lately myself, and I was thinking of the scripture, "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures." And another (and this is not a direct quote, but it's something to the effect that "He giveth his beloved rest." I'm going to add yours to the mix! THANKS! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Virginia said...

This surely is a very encouraging post!!! such a touching message.
Much Blessings,
Virginia

Dolly said...

Carol, Thank you for the comforting words! They mean a lot to me.
I know I have to trust in our Lord Jesus Christ to watch over our children when they are away from us.

God Bless you sweetheart.
Hugz, Dolly