Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas is Coming!



So. Mister and I decorated the tree today. He had been charged with setting it up this weekend whilst I was at work. He did so.




I realized a few minutes ago that there are many, many vignettes on a Christmas tree.




A daughter is a precious gift. A vintage ornament. A sand dollar.




A cat tangled up in lights. Oh, please, let us not do that in real life!




A couple of ornaments made by Chickie when she was little.




This "clear candy" ornament was a gift for Chickie a couple of years ago. We do love our sugar and sweets!




I bought this ornament 18 years ago to celebrate Chickie's first Christmas.




A favorite tree ornament.




I took all the glass ornaments off of the little tree after Clarence toppled it. Seems he wants to eat the broken shards of glass. What's up with that??




I've got my giveaway all wrapped up and ready to mail! There is still time to enter.

I'm joining Cielo for Show off Your Cottage Monday. Make sure to visit the party!

Carol

8 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Carol. Your tree looks wonderful and I loved seeing all your decorations!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Vee said...

Putting up the ornaments is a walk down Memory Lane for sure. Clarence is eating shards of glass? Well, our cat is eating the cotton ball snow in the Victorian Village, which can't be good either. I certainly hope Clarence behaves himself and had to laugh at the "tangled in lights" ornament and comment.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty tree!! Your header is so festive too!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Carole, I love how your ornaments are so meaningful. I like the glass candy :D I have an eighteen year old, too. This is her last Christmas "at home", so I am getting very sentimental and nostalgic!

Olive Cooper said...

Love the tree and the house is festive in the new header.

Mildred said...

Lovely to see your pretty ornaments. So many treasured memories to unwrap and hang on the tree.

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Love your tree and the fact that so many of the ornaments hold meaning and memories!

Marie said...

Your Christmas tree turned out beautiful!!! I love all your very memorable ornaments.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
-marie