Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lovin' the Kitchen

Thank you, Cielo, for featuring my kitchen, too, on this Show off Your Cottage Monday!
I composed this post yesterday, went to publish it late last night, and it was deemed a Bad Request by Blogger. So I started again this morning, and here it is, re-done!



Welcome to our kitchen! It is the heart of our home, and a place where I love spending lots of my time! We just completed a remodel, which involved re-doing the wall on the right, building in the fridge and painting. Mister painted the worn wide plank floor, which looks terrific! We painted the walls, as well. The island and left side remained the same.




All of our appliances were "broken" in some way, and had functionality issues. So we replaced the range (dual fuel, 2 ovens!), the microwave and the dishwasher. We had shaker cabinets installed and soapstone (our dream!) counters installed.




The farmhouse sink is wonderful. It's so nice to have more than about 18 inches of usable counter space, too.




Sink and faucet.




Counter space.




Sink, again!




This hutch was our inspiration piece. Although not original to the house, it did come with it, and is an antique. We used the same latches and handles on the new cabinets. You can also see the bookcase wrapped around the fridge.




The hutch, again, and a little dear cabinet that I love to use. Also came with the house. Practical and useful old pieces.




You can see into the foyer from the kitchen. I have a little tree up right now that I like to get a glimpse of as I work!



Basement door, as we come back around to the new wall again. I like to hang my aprons on the door.




Here is a close-up of the aprons. These are my favorites, and on the door, they are handy for use or admiration!

Have a wonderful Monday, and thanks for your visit!
Now, Blogger....please publish this post!
Carol

7 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

I just love your kitchen...mainly because I have had all these things on my wish list for a kitchen one day..even down to your soapstone counter tops, the sink and your pulls...I have told my builder son he has to see it!! Before we lost our house I had put in one oak counter top and then soapstone was to go on the others..well that was my dream and not the Lords...so we will see what He gives me one day...so enjoyed the tour

Vee said...

Your kitchen just looks so pretty. It could be in a magazine. You and your husband did a lot of hard work and it shows!

Terry said...

Such a cool kitchen. I adore your floors and the farmhouse sink. I was featured too. Check me out. Terry

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I love your kitchen too! What kind of stove did you buy? I'm so nosy because my mom is remodeling a little house for her and I've been helping her look for things. She also wants dual fuel and we are thinking about GE. Hope you can let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

I love the kitchen...the hutch, the floor, counters, that great sink- everything looks great together!

Theresa said...

What a gorgeous kitchen! Love the aprons on the door too. Visting today from Janette's blog, where she mentioned your kitchen.

The Farmer's Daughter said...

I do love this floor! And, your entire kitchen! Thanks for telling me about it! We don't plan to checkerboard the entire area--more like an area rug--but it will be on the diagonal. Love it!
Dru