Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bedford Springs Anniversary trip



Mister and I were married 9 years ago this past December. Here we are on our wedding day. Mister is still wearing the big smile 9 years later.




We spent a weekend at Bedford Springs Resort celebrating the anniversary!




This place was built in 1796. It retains its original woodwork and character. There is also a newer wing housing the spa.




Long beautiful porches span every floor on the front.




Every room is luxurious. Marble counters, a soaking tub, marble floors.




I've always wanted a chaise. I spent a lot of time in this comfy one, reading Grace Livingston Hill, of course!




The bed was wonderful with exquisite linens.




This was our piece of balcony. We stayed here once before, in the summer. I would drink my morning coffee out here.

Look how beautiful it is!




























Every afternoon, tea is served with pastries and sweets made by the chef. We had cranberry scones and eclairs with our tea. In front of the fireplace, and by the big tree!




We had breakfast each morning in the Crystal Dining Room. It was a beautiful start to the day!










Mister beat me roundly at checkers after our special dinner. He loves to win.
Can't you tell?




Can you believe how gorgeous this is???? It's the hallway in one of the public restrooms!

We had a glorious weekend of celebrating our marriage. What a blessing!

Join me at Faded Charm, celebrating White Wednesday with Kathleen!

Carol

20 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"Congratulations"!!! "Are you SURE you didn't LET him win at checkers"???
That looks like a Romantic Hotel and a WONDERFUL place to spend time...
Happy New Year to you two,
Hugs,
Donna

Garden Girl said...

Happy Anniversary!

What a beautiful place to stay!

You know, Grace Livingston Hill was some of the first stuff I downloaded to my Kindle;)

Mildred said...

What a lovely place to visit. Beautiful, exquisite photos.

Sue said...

What a beautiful place to stay at! I love the little porches. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

Take care, Sue

Olive Cooper said...

You two are so happy! That is a gorgeous place and thanks for showing us.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Happy (post) Anny! What a beautiful resort:@)

Kay K said...

Happy Anniversary !!
This place is simply beautiful, as I am sure you have a wonderful time !!!thanks for sharing

Tete said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful place to spend it. I can't make up my mind if I would have spent the entire time in the tub or in front of the fireplace!
Happy WW! Tete

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad y'all had a nice time. The resort is so pretty. It's nice to get away, especially around the holidays. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pictures with us.

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

Vee said...

A wonderful getaway for a great couple! Glad that he's still wearing the grin and you? You're reading Grace Livingstone Hill books? Well, a minor glitch... (Hope that you know I'm teasing.)

Cindy said...

You could not have found a more beautiful place to stay! It is so GORGEOUS!!! I can see that your Mister is still smiling, you must be a very good wife. It's very nice of you to let him win at Checkers, too!
Happy Anniversary!
Hugs, Cindy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Anniversary, you two! This is just the sweetest post, and I'm wishing you all the best for many more happy years together. What a place to celebrate!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Carol,

Happy Anniversary to you and your dh !

What a lovely and grand hotel/resort fit enough even for presidents ! Seven known presidents have spent time at this hotel starting from 1857 when it was a summer White House.

Lots of history within those walls !

Bedford, Pa is a lovely area and full of history.

Have you been to the Bedford Village ? I love it !

Hugs,
Linda

Debbie said...

First, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and can I say that you look wonderful in your wedding dress? I haven't had a figure like that in decades, I'm almost positive.

Second, I love that place. It would be right up my alley. I want to google it and find out more. Just beautiful.

I love it when they do high tea.

Ann said...

Congrats!! The place looks gorgeous.

Amy said...

that is the most amazing inn I have ever seen!
WOW I would love to have that tub to soak in.
Congrats on your marriage and may it be 100 more years of happiness!
PS you have to let them win every once in awhile it keeps the marriage healthy. TEE HEE!
Amy

Honey at 2805 said...

What a beautiful place to celebrate your anniversary!

Janet said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary and that looks like a wonderful place to celebrate. My hubbie still has a big grin after 19 years, so you and I must be doing something right ;)

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful place to stay. Love that last photo of the batrhoom hallway.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! That trip just looks fabulous!