Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dressing Up

My favorite clothes to wear are sweats, a zip up hoodie and a tank top. However, once in a while it is exciting to dress up. Is this a simple pleasure?? I'm skipping the prep work and going straight to the stepping out, and I think it is!

We went to the Inaugural Ball this week. For our new governor. Mister works in politics, so we got the chance to go. We were 2 of 4000 attendees.

Mister bought a new vest for his tux.




Oh, my goodness, doesn't he look HOT??!!! I was swept off my feet!





Here's what I wore. My wedding dress. We were married 9 years ago. Please ignore the bras hanging in the background. This is my bathroom mirror. Perhaps I should send this shot to Shelia at Note Songs!




Kind of blurry, but you can see the way the skirt is designed here.




We found new accessories for the dress. A close up of the new necklace. There are earrings to match, as well as a bracelet.
Alas, the bracelet fell off at the ball and was lost.

We had a lovely time, with dinner beforehand. Mister was so wonderful. He was so proud to introduce me to people. I could get used to that! It's fun to dress up and do something special together.

We didn't take any pictures of the ball. There is a link with some pictures here, should you be so inclined to view them.
http://photos.pennlive.com/patriot-news/2011/01/inaugural_ball_1.html

Hope you're having a wonderful week!
Check out Simple Pleasures Thursday at Dayle's with me!
Carol

19 comments:

Average Girl said...

You are so absolutely gorgeous Carol! You both look spectacular!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, Mr. is not the only good looking one, you are beautiful and look STUNNING! You are one gorgeous couple, but what makes you extra special is that you are pretty on the inside, too.

And yes, send Shelia that photograph and be a bathroom diva!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

What a handsome couple! I am glad y'all had such a special night :D

Ann said...

what a beautiful couple. Must of been fun to go out with your prince to the ball!

maria said...

Oh my goodness...you and your hubby look beautiful! What a lovely dress you wore :)

Thank you for sharing...M.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

You are both gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fun!!!

So sorry you lost the bracelet though. -sigh-

Hugs & ♥'s...
'Cause Valentine Day is coming!

Karen said...

Wow was this not a treat and you looked stunning. So sorry about the bracelet. (the bra thing is very funny) just something that I would do.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

You're both beautiful! Glad you had a nice time but sorry to hear you lost your bracelet!

Shelia said...

HI Carol. What a good looking couple! You look beautiful in your gorgeous dress. Glad it was a fun time. Sorry to hear about your bracelet.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Shelia said...

Oh, I will put up a post and crown you a Bathroom Diva! Love this!
Continue to be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh how fun...you both look wonderful and I hope you had the best of time!!! What a wonderful simple pleasure, may you have more of them this year!!

Debbie said...

No empty praise when I say this: You look very beautiful, and your husband looks mighty fine too.

I do think a formal evening is a simple pleasure. Shoot, I get pleasure just being the mom sending her princesses off to the ball.

My daughter was supposed to work the GA inauguration and then go to the ball. Sadly, the ice storm changed all plans. Pooh. I just knew she'd find a prince.

Kay K said...

Wow !!! getting to go to the ball and getting all dressed up sure sounds like some good fun to me as I am sure you both enjoyed it. The pictures are very nice love the neckalace
this was a very nice pleasure thanks for sharing

Dayle said...

You two look splendid! I love dressing up for special events. A definite simple pleasure.

Linda O'Connell said...

Fitting in my wedding dress, now that is my wish! Yours is beautiful. http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com/

Red Gate Farm said...

You both look fabulous! How fun to dress up for a BALL.

~Chris

ps, your dress is absolutely stunning!

Elizabeth said...

You look beautiful and your husband looks quite dashing. What a wonderful evening! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Angel Wings and Apron Strings said...

You both look very elegant indeed!
How special and lovely!
I love to see gorgeous gowns on ladies and men ALWAYS look handsome in a tux.
You looked simply beautiful :-)
blessings..Trish

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I love to dress up - probably because we don't do it that often. You looked beautiful! What a gorgeous dress. Shame about the bracelet.