Sunday, January 9, 2011

Metamorphosizing Around the House

I looked around and found a few Before and After Shots. So here we go!



Upstairs, in the master closet are sliders that lead to the deck. I love this view!
Geraniums thrive on this porch in the summer.




Here's the view today. What a difference!




Here's a before shot in the kitchen. Open shelves, no cabinets below. Minimal counter space.




The kitchen after.




Bubba was called Mo at first because of his mohawk. He weighed all of one pound, and had blue eyes.




Clarence's coloring was similar to a squirrel's, and he was the Cutest kitten we ever saw!




Bubba is now our biggest cat, with a big, thick build that can look quite intimidating, Clarence is half grown.

Hope you all are having a terrific Monday! Join Cielo for Show off Your Cottage Monday, and Susan for Metamorphosis Monday today!

Carol

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love it, Carol! Those two are the cutest, and I loved seeing your house befores and afters. Your kitchen is WONDERFUL.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ann said...

Kittens are so sweet...

MTJ said...

Hi Carol,

This is my first visit to your blog; I appreciate the comment you shared with me. I have begun to watch HGTV with my wife and I'm learning that there is a methodology to decorating; everything has a purpose. Thank you for sharing these before/after photos. The kitchen is awesome.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Mildred said...

I enjoyed the photos very much. Love the 'Mo' shot especially!

Vee said...

My deck view is a bit similar to yours and it's amazing how such a simple view brings peace to my heart...no mountains, very few majestic sunsets, just the comfort of home. I always enjoy glimpses into your life...your kitchen or cats, your views. Thank you!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Mo is too cute ;D Great shots of your kitchen before and after.

Debbie said...

Oh goodness, my FAVORITE shot is the Mo before shot. So cute!!!

Of course, that kitchen is not too shabby either!

Olive Cooper said...

I love the kitten/cat shots. They are too sweet. Clovis says meow, but in a sleepy way. He is trying to nap...in my chair!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful kitchen. Don't you love changes in the kitchen! What a cutie. Love that little mohawk! We had cats growing up but they gave me asthma so I have to live without them now, but I sure love them. Darling!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh my, now that is a view to have! In both seasons. Gorgeous.

And I love BOTH the shots of your kitchen -- the "before" has a certain country charm about it but I have to admit -- the "after" is stunning, and WAY better to work in!

Thanks for visiting-- glad you like my winter pictures. I think I am running out of stuff to blog about!
Cass

Sue said...

Enjoyed this post so much,Carol, I keep getting motivated by seeing so many before and after renovations. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue

Low Tide High Style said...

I love that you have a deck off of your master bedroom. We hope to do that when we add on a master bathroom. And I've always loved your kitchen! I also love that your cute kitties are so relaxed that they lay on their backs...too cute!

Kat :)

Nancy said...

Oh what a stunning deck and view you have there. It looks so tranquil.

LOVE the kitchen too...both ways actually!

Nancy