Saturday, January 22, 2011

So Wonderful



2 Samuel 22:4 NIV
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.




Psalm 18:3 NIV
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.


Not once, but twice I found this word for word. And elsewhere in the Bible, He is called our Fortress, our Deliverer, our Help in time of trouble. Our Refuge, our Strength, our Joy. Our Saviour, our Redeemer, our Creator. Lover of our souls.

In the message at church tonight, His delight in us was described. You know how you delight in your children? How they think, grow, do things? He delights in us every day, all the time. And as we love our children, He loves us so very much more. He is Love.

He is God.

He is good.

He is Worthy of ALL praise.

And we are His beloved.

(Spiritual Sundays with Ginger and Charlotte. Please join them.)

15 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Amen! This is wonderful, Carol.

I love to think of Him as "a very present help in times of trouble." He's present and not only present, but very present. And what a wonderful thought that He delights in us, while we are supposed to enjoy Him as well. I remember learning the Presbyterian catechism as a small child, and I loved the part that said: "The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." Isn't that an exciting thought? He delights in us, and we are to enjoy Him forever. What a good God and a good Father He is to us, and I praise His Holy Name!

XO,

Sheila :-)

sarah said...

woo hoo...love this.

Gayle said...

I was led to pray this scripture this week for my daughter who was facing some issues at work. I beautiful Psalm!

Leann said...

Amen!

Loved your earlier post with your "dress up clothes!" Your wedding dress is so beautiful and a little sexy too:)

Leann

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

O how the Lord loves the praises of his people. I love sharing these words of worship with you. Thanks for letting God speak through you today. God bless, Dr. Bobbi

Linda O'Connell said...

Carol,
I just signed on to follow your blog. Your post on my blog has me laughing so hard about your embarrassing moments. I am not alone. Please sign on to follow my blog http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com/

Marydon said...

AMEN!, Carol. Great share ...

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~
Marydon

lulumusing said...

Today's theme must be love. That's what I heard this morning at church as well, and it's so comforting to know that we are loved. It encourages us, or me, to love better.
Glad to have had you stop by.

Sue said...

Great Post carol. He is God, and He is Good! Worthy of all praise, Wow!!
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Donnie said...

That is so sweet and so true. Thank you Carol.

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Oh, this is a great post! We sang the praise song 'You Are Worthy of My Praise' today at church! Our sermon was about love and love should be the motivating factor of everything we do.
This was wonderful.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Olive Cooper said...

Thanks for this glorious thought♥

Saleslady371 said...

I feel His love oozing from your post! Great job!

Whidbey Woman said...

AMEN! Praise His Holy name.

char72 said...

What beautiful encouraging thoughts. Great post.
Blessings,
Charlotte