Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This and That



There are all kinds of white around to enjoy. A white (actually chippy!) banister.




Again, falling in the white and slightly chippy category is the tub in the original bathroom of our home.




White, soft and cozy. Not chippy. Freshly laundered bathrobe. It's been coming in handy lately on chilly nights!




Here's an old black and white picture of me and my maternal grandfather. Our family lived in a rowhouse when we first moved to Baltimore. It was a nice place, brick, wood floors, the back yards of the row houses had chain link fence and backed onto an alley. I remember the visit. I was 3 when we moved from there.




This picture is very special. It was taken in West Virginia, where my family is from. Look at the house - wow. That looks like West Virginia.
Click on it to enlarge.
In the center of the picture is my maternal great-great-grandmother. My great-grandmother is on the right, my maternal grandmother on the left. My mom is in the front on the left, and my aunt on the right in front.

Join me today as I link to Kathleen's White Wednesday. She hosts this special party every week!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

Carol

15 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun group of whites you found to share. Clever choices! ~ Sarah

Ann said...

What a wonderful treasure to have a 4 generation picture! Love your tub, my grandparents had one at 1515 but by the time I bought the house 30 yrs later it is long gone.

Mildred said...

A lovely post tonight! I enjoy all the details of your lovely home and that bath robe is so luxurious! I absolutely adore the treasured old photos. I notice those beautiful potted plants on the porch - someone had a green thumb. Did you inherit that green thumb?

Vee said...

Very nice whites, but my favorite was seeing that vintage photograph. That's going back quite aways...what a heritage!

Liz said...

Love that tub! :)

~Liz

Average Girl said...

I am envious of your claw foot bath tub... My brother found one being used as a planter in someone's yard. It once came from a very distinguished hotel known as the The Empress here on Vancouver Island. He bought it for 75 dollars and restored the whole thing. Such a grand beauty in his bathroom! Once I came over on the pretense of visiting, just to soak in his bath tub!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved your whites, Carol, and how fabulous to have that picture of all of thsoe generations of girls in one family. Loved sseeing this post.

XO,

Sheila :-)

bj said...

Oh, all your whites are so special. I really enjoyed seeing the photos.

Bead and Needle said...

My great grandparents had a claw foot tub in their bathroom...loved it, love yours! Happy White Wednesday - Tanya

Shelia said...

Love your four generations pictures and love that bathtub! Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Olive Cooper said...

Carol, love your family pictures. They are treasures.

Victoria said...

What a wonderful photo that is! I love your bathtub too:) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment:) Happy WW!!!

Garden Girl said...

Love the claw foot tub...I have one just like it;)

Nothing like a nice big fluffy white robe. The white ones just feel the best!

Precious family photos.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

I hope you are displaying your special pictures, Carol! I have a picture fetish for sure!

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

What lovely pictures and that tub is wonderful!