Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Cookies I Couldn't Stop Eating



My sweet tooth was calling me so I made cookies. They are kind of a toll house, snickerdoodle cookie that I made up as I went along. Perfect sweet, crunchewy!

I only made this many, half a batch. Good idea, since I cannnot resist them.

What I did -
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Melt one stick of butter (or margarine. I used butter)

Blend in mixing bowl with:
1/2 c dark brown sugar
3/8 cup white sugar

Add:
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/8 cup flour

Blend together. Just throw the stuff in as you go. No need to mix dry and wet separately.

I added about 1/2 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle of nutmeg. You could use chocolate chips or toffee chips or whatever, instead.

Drop in rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking pan.

I then sprinkled with cinnamon/sugar mixture. With a tiny bit of nutmeg. I love nutmeg.

Bake about 7-9 minutes. Cool on rack. Try to not eat all of them so that you can share with others.

I am participating in Foodie Friday for the first time ever. Exciting! Join me!

16 comments:

Michael Lee West said...

Welcome to your first Foodie Friday! Oh, these look delicious!I can't wait to make them.

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness! I am so going to have to make these! Two of my favorites in one, oh my! Thanks for sharing a plate of yummy goodness like this!
I also enjoyed your visit earlier today, thank you for stopping by. Have a awesome weekend Girl!

xoxo,
Ellen

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks great Carol! My sweet tooth has been working over time. Welcome to FF:@)

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

My oldest daughter would love these. Thanks so much for sharing :D

sueskitchen said...

I like the additions of nutmeg and brown sugar to these cookies...I am going to have to try your recipe...thanks also for your kind words about my car.

Beth said...

Carol, Your cookies sound great! Thanks for sharing this recipe and so glad you came to Foodie Friday. This is my first visit to your blog but it won't be the last.
Blessings, Beth

Kathleen said...

They sound delicious. I have my tea, need something sweet!

shannon i olson said...

these sound great but I must confess I am not sure there is a cookie I CAN stop eating.

yes, I am a cookie a holic but I am not ashamed.

Sue said...

One of my all time favorite cookies Carol, look delicious too.
Sue

Vee said...

Sounds great...this is the kind of cookie that I enjoy eating the dough without baking them at all. So not good. Good idea to bake a half batch.

Mildred said...

I can just imagine how cozy these cookies make your home smell!

Enjoy the weekend.

Red Couch Recipes said...

Carol, I like the idea of putting chocolate chips in them. Joni

Candace said...

These look sooo good! I'm going to save this recipe for those times that my sweet tooth kicks into high gear. You really live in a Sears home?? I would love that!

Amy said...

These look perfectly delicious! Can't wait to get my hands on some!

Amy
http://utry.it

Debbie said...

I'm very fond of the taste of cinnamon and chocolate together so I would love them, I'm positive.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Oh oh, I can't look at these kinds of posts. :-) 'Cause I can't eat all this stuff, any more. -pout-