Sunday, February 27, 2011

Friends


Ecclesiastes 4:10 NIV
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Proverbs 27:9 NIV
Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.

Proverbs 27:6 NIV
Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

Friends. What wonderful blessings. Sources of wisdom, encouragement. Sometimes a source of correction.

Visiting your blogs has been a great source of encouragement to me. Meeting and knowing that there are others - many others - who passionately know and pursue our Lord has been so wonderful!

The fellowship we share helps us grow in our walk with our Lord!

Blessings, my friends!

Carol

Joining Charlotte and Ginger for Spiritual Sundays.

11 comments:

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Great post, Carol. I have had two friends break my heart lately. I have been so sad about it!

Have a blessed Sunday!
~Ricki Jill

Kaye - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Such sweetly encouraging Bible verses. Thank you for a lovely spiritual Sunday!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Yes and Amen...wonderful scriptures and wonderful words of truth.

sarah said...

I liked this post...and the pic just fits with it. Have a great week.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Our hearts were in the same place today.
God Bless,
Ginger

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Wonderful post. It is so refreshing to read the positive, uplifting posts here when I see so much pain on the news and in the world.
Thanks for sharing, Annette

p.s. love the photo. I'm all about vintage :)

Virginia said...

Great post….So true.
Sweet Blessings

Patti Hanan said...

These are beautiful scriptures about friendship. Thank you for sharing!

SavannahGranny said...

Thanks for sharing these truths with and reminding of what is important. Ginger

Pamela said...

Friendship is such a gift from God. I started blogging never realizing what beautiful friendships I would find. Something to praise God about!

char72 said...

I can sincerely say amen to your thoughts here, Carol. I'm so glad Spiritual Sundays has attracted so many wonderful Christian people to share.
Blessings,
Charlotte