Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Simple Pleasure - Homemade Pie


Mister loves pie. Especially mine. I don't make it too often, because it is labor intensive and messy. But I made a fresh apple crumb pie today.

Mister: Mmmmmm......Ohhhhhh......Baby, what you do with pastry is Outrageous.......Oh my gosh, this is wonderful.....

This is what I heard throughout dessert and well into the evening.

Me: Was it worth coming home to?

Mister: Worth coming home too???! YOU'RE worth coming to. The pie is just the icing on the cake, the cherry...or the whipped cream on top.

What a sweet man. Every day he tells me he loves me, I'm wonderful, he's crazy about me. He doesn't usually call me Carol, but Baby, Gorgeous, Sweetie, Beautiful.

I'm thinking. For all that, I really should make pie more often. It really was outrageously good. And for such a lovely and sincerely appreciative recipient.

Thank you, Mister! I love you!

Jumping over to Dayle's for Simple Pleasures Thursday!

Carol

20 comments:

Mildred said...

I bet your home smelled wonderful with that pie baking in your pretty kitchen! I look forward to finding all my pots and pans eventually and being able to bake again!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Pie is mighty powerful stuff:@)

Vee said...

Ahhh, I see that your beloved and mine are both apple pie lovers. I don't make very many either for all the same reasons you mentioned. Apple pie has got to be one of the most labor intensive pies known to man. Glad that you had such good results all around!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Mister rocks!

Your pie looks delicious!

:D

Ricki Jill

Jen said...

Isn't amazing to be loved? So glad that you have such an amazing relationship!

Christine said...

Pie and husband, both are a good thing!

Sue said...

Sweet post Carol, love how this man knows how to stay in good with the cook. me dh too tells me so many times a day how much he loves me, aren't we two very blessed gIrls? LOL
Sue

Trish said...

That's some pie!lol!
It's wonderful to be able to bring such joy to our beloveds.
And so lovely to be appreciated as well!
Your hubby sounds like mine :-)
blessings..Trish

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

This is great...what a treasure in your husband...and yes on the pie, a simple pleasure...now you have me wanting to make a pie!

Debbie said...

Mine usually thanks me for NOT cooking.

Just kidding.

I think the simple pleasure of being appreciated and loved fills the cup. That pie looks like the type that would make it overflow.

sarah said...

your post really made me smile....your mister sounds wonderful. I'm glad you have him to bake these pies for. ☺

Kathy said...

Oh yes! I think stoking that fire with more pies would be wonderful for you!
I call my husband Dearest for the most part - but sometimes Mister - because of his initials -MR
Isn't love grand,
Kathy

Patty@sewingseeds said...

What a sweet man. Yes, definitely worth more pies! Care to share the recipe?

Kay K said...

Sweet.....Nothing like the love of a lifetime ....and shows you the love ....GOD is awesome in giving us the loves of our lifes !!

Olive Cooper said...

It is great to be loved like that. You two are so good together♥

Kathleen said...

You are a lucky lady and the pie looks delicious!

Barb said...

Hi Carol,
I admire anyone who cam make good pastry. I don't have Pastry Hands. You and your MR sound like you make a good team.
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Patricia said...

good for you ! Lucky woman - if my husband spoke to me that way - I'd bake him a pie every day !

Dayle said...

Carol, that pie looks so yummy, and those sweet remarks from your man are without price. Most women would bake a pie every day, just to hear such uplifting words from their husband.

Dayle said...

I just read Patricia's comment above mine. See?