Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Time for White Wednesday!

There's plenty of white outside with the snow and ice. So let's stay indoors today!




I suppose these wouldn't be white without the flour and sugar in them. They look terrific in white, don't they! We found these canisters in a little shop in Williamsburg. I really like their lines and their small footprint.
And they are shiny.




Mister likes collecting little old houses. His white ones are my favorites. We have this kinda/sorta dream that when he is retired, he'll finish setting up his workshop and crank these babies out!




The plaster box was left behind by the previous owner of our home. Who knew a box of tissues would nestle perfectly inside???!




This sofa sits in our living room. Obviously, white is an impractical color for us. I also see my set of wall hooks on the end table. They move around the house. I can't commit to installing them anywhere.

I hope this finds you as warm and cozy as the two in the last picture.
Have a wonderful White Wednesday and don't forget to come to the party that Kathleen hosts each week!

Carol

14 comments:

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your canisters are so pretty!

Vee said...

I like your canisters and those hooks! I have green farmer's hooks and I love them, but can I find a spot for them? No. Oh well...

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love the canisters and that cute little house. I like bird houses and doll houses, too.

Hope you are staying warm and cozy, Carol.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ann said...

why do the cats always sleep on the couch or dining room table! UUGG :)

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Carol, I love the shape and style of those canisters. I also love the shape and style of your beautiful sofa. Aren't you clever to put a box of tissues in that pretty box? laurie

Victoria said...

Everything is beautiful, I love the little house...too cute!

Karin Corbin said...

I love your real Sears house. It is in the Sears company archives and was called "The Maytown" modern home #167.

This link shows the catalog page view including the floor plan.
http://www.searsarchives.com/homes/images/1908-1914/1912_0167.jpg

I will put this one on my list of houses to make as a paper miniature kit. That will be fun for you to have. I do have some of my miniature white houses for sale. http://karincorbin.blogspot.com/2011/01/white-wednesday.html

Leann said...

I LOVE that sofa! The "kids look nice and cozy on it:)

Stay warm and safe!
Leann

Olive Cooper said...

Your sofa is so pretty. I know the cats enjoy it.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I like them all. And yes, your sofa is very pretty.

Debbie said...

The plaster box is my favorite. I love the look of it. And the sofa? So what if it's impractical. It's perfect for your home. I love the style of it.

Debbie said...

Hello Carol....so glad to stop by and see your blog.
and thank you for the prayers. I'm feeling better with each day.
I love the kleenex box cover, and your sofa is awesome!
Hope you are staying warm.
Debbie@lakehouse

Brenda Kula said...

I'm warm now. But our electricity has been off twice in the past hours. I do love those glass containers. Very unusual and very pretty with white in them! Tell the mister I love his houses too.
Brenda

Ellen said...

Loving the canisters, especially the raised clean lines in them. Your hubby has great taste in little houses too. Too cute with the 4 legged loves on the sofa!

xoxo,
Ellen