Friday, March 25, 2011

Saturday Springtime Favorites



Let's begin the day with some Fiesta ware to drink from.




What a lovely cup of coffee. Do you want yours black?




Not me. Half and half every time. The real thing, not the powder, thank you!




We'll serve it up with some ricotta cheesecake. This cheesecake was a pretty successful attempt to copy some that Mister and I shared at a lovely restaurant last week.
I got out the food processor to ensure a creamy texture and blend in the orange zest.
Topped it with a no bake meringue, enhanced with vanilla extract. It's better the second day.
It will be making a repeat appearance for Easter dinner!




Tastes and looks like spring!

Have a most wonderful Spring weekend!

Make sure to visit Laurie for Saturday Favorites!

Carol

16 comments:

Kay K said...

I will have my coffee black please !such cute post

Mildred said...

I love my coffee with half and half and I could eat the entire cheesecake!!!

Happy Spring to you.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Wow, I'll have my coffee however you'd like to serve it with that yummy looking cheesecake! Thank you:@)

Linda O'Connell said...

Funny how I only drink Half and Half when I am eating out, and skim milk at home. That cake looks delicious!

Shirley said...

Wow, this looks so yummy! I'll have some whatever way you choose..I'm not fussy at all..and I must say that I LOVE yellow houses...
~Shirley

Jane said...

The cheesecake looks delicious! I'll have some French Vanilla Non-Fat Creamer in my coffee, please. I know it's just a bunch of oils and such, but I'm totally addicted!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh that cheesecake just looks wonderful and of course your dishes just go with your home..what a delight...enjoy that cake.

A Few Pennies said...

I love that cup/saucer. Fiesta ware looks good no matter what--best served with comfort food--and a good cup of coffee. Have a great weekend. Patty

KATHY said...

your cheesecake looks so good!!!I love your fiesta.

Kathy

Olive Cooper said...

I love coffee but am not picky about cream. The cheesecake looks awesome. What is no bake meringue?

Saleslady371 said...

Thanks for having us bloggers over for "coffee and"...photos are wonderful!

Happy weekend,
Mary

Kathleen said...

Hi Carol,
I am with you on the half and half! The cake looks wonderful!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Carol, I love that creamy yellow color of that Fiesta. Yum! That cake looks so delicious! Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

What a great Saturday you had! Pretty and yummy!!!

Mary said...

The pie and coffee look like a perfect midday treat. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Debbie said...

Found this. I HAD missed it.

And it's half and half (NOT powder here either) for me too. That's the only way to fly.