Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shiny and Sparkly



I am attracted to shiny sparkly things. I wash my rings every day so they sparkle. I've blinged up my stethoscope with sparkly beads on a wire. I like to wear "important" (long, dangly) earrings.




Why the attraction? I came up with this answer. These things of beauty sparkle as they reflect light. Even the word sparkle, sparkles!




And light is attractive. Sunlight, firelight, candlelight, moonlight. Our eyes "light up" when we behold something delightful.

God is our Light! His Light shines in our darkness. His Light reveals His Truth. His Light is where we want to dwell. These earthly sparklies are but a dim reflection of His wonderful Light!

Believers filled with His Light are attractive to unbelievers. His Light is good and desirable.

And then I read this:

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful Light.
1 Peter 2:9 NIV


His Light is beautiful! Jesus is the Light of the world! We can dwell in His Light!
Hallelujah!

Join Charlotte and Ginger to celebrate Spiritual Sundays!

Have a wonderful day,
Carol

19 comments:

no spring chicken said...

Yes! He is light and I no longer walk in darkness. Shine Jesus shine!

Pamela said...

Great minds...I wrote on light, too. And someone else posted the verse -- one of my favorites.

I love physical light, but nothing compares to the Light of the World -- wonderous light!

Blessings...Pamela

Mildred said...

Your post brings to mind a little song from church as a child: This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.

Linda O'Connell said...

Inpsiring post. I woke up thinking about PURE LIGHT, God's presence.

Vee said...

How cool is that?! I must tell my sister what you do with your stethoscope. I admit that I'm surprised by the dangling earrings given all the patients you have...ever get in trouble with that one? An eager cat or dog? ☺

sarah said...

the shiniest ever...His Light....loved the way you wrote this...

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Gorgeous Carol~ What a great example.
I just taught Jn 9 two weeks ago. Darkness and light! Blindness and Sight. Jesus~ The LIGHT of the world.
Thank you for this perious reminder!
Yvonne

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I will think of this the next time I see sparkle.
Blessings,
Ginger

Gayla said...

That is so true! I adore sparkling life!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh enjoyed...and may we reflect His image! I need some cleaning in order to reflect His light better.

Shirley said...

Dear Carol,
Lovely post, words so true..and I was being drawn in once again of your lovely home. I could invision myself sitting on the porch in one of those rockers, just kicking back and enjoy a beautiful day.
Hugs,
Shirley

Leann said...

Hi Carol

Shine on my friend, Shine on!

Leann

E. Charlotte said...

I found your blog through another blogger, and was attracted by your sparkly picture for this post! Ha ha! I guess you could say I love sparkly things too! (Heck, I just hosted a jewelry party yesterday!) I like your blog and I'll def return! :)

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I think we are all drawn to light. Yes, He is the light. Thanks for sharing.

Kay K said...

GOD'slight is awesome the brightest of the bright ....My brother just before he passed said the lights were so bright and beautiful ....Heaven !!!

Debbie said...

A big AMEN to this one! I could have written those words myself, only not half so well.

And the passage from Peter is one of my all time favorites.

Sunny Simple Life said...

I always say my daughter is raven because she is attracted to shiny sparkly things.

Kathy said...

hello Carol,
I love this - we should sparkle for God to attract others. And to be a delight for him -
Hope you have a marvelous day,
Kathy

Mary said...

This was a lovely post. The sparkles and the thoughts they engendered are terrific. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary