Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Anticipation Pays Off



I was taking it easy after work this afternoon. Reading a book under my bed covers. Babying my mild cold.
Then I noticed it! It's what I have been anticipating!
The sun had come out, the temperature had risen and the neighbor's magnolia was at its peak!



I look at this tree, and the word extravagant comes to mind. Seriously, aren't these blooms extravagant?! Who but God would come up with such over-the-top beauty and countless blossoms?
I love the way His creation glorifies Him. Let us do the same!




It is remarkably romantic to look out my bedroom windows and view this beauty!
And so, my Simple Pleasure. Anticipating this wonder last week, realizing it today!

Thank you Dayle, for this blessed weekly chance to savor blessing!

Carol

17 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Just gorgeous, truly something to enjoy:@)

Karen said...

Beautiful blooms! We call this a tulip tree in Mississippi. Hope you feel better soon.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

hope the beauty of the magnolia lifts your spirits and makes you feel better soon.

Debbie said...

That is gorgeous!!!!! We have one here, but it pales in comparison to this one. It's stunning.

Vee said...

Yes, that's a lovely view beyond your window...one where the window itself is so lovely that it could be the view. Enjoy. Hope the blooms last for a while.

Marydon said...

So love this tree & its blossom beauty.
Have an eggs-tra blessed Easter ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Red Couch Recipes said...

Those magnolias are fabulous! Wow! Love the picture of the curtain framing the magnolias. I used to work in downton Sacramento, CA and they had the most wonderful and varied magnolias and other spring blossoms in Capitol Park. Each year I would makw sure to walk and take in the view! Happy Easter. Joni

Mildred said...

Such beautiful blossoms and a blessing to have such a gorgeous view. Hope you feel better soon.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

I hope your cold is better! It's good to rest when you are sick. Drink some chicken soup, too :D

Diann said...

That would be a beautiful view to see out your bedroom window! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Susan Evans said...

I am also excited about the spring. It seems like the winter has dragged on forever!

Dayle said...

Carol, what a gift.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Isn't that just wonderful...I can almost smell it...and I hope you get to feeling better soon, but do enjoy your view.

Trish @ Lily-Rose Cottage said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous magnolia!
You are very blessed to see it through your pretty windows :-)
joy in Christ..Trish

T's Daily Treasures said...

I would certainly enjoy waking up to that beauty every day. So many gorgeous blooms! Amazing. Best wishes, Tammy

awal.ny said...

Your magnolia is just beautiful. Ours is will bloom in a week or two, as long as the weather gets warmer.

Kathleen said...

I love magnolias, they are so very beautiful and how fantastic to have them right outside your window! I'm definitely jealous!