Tuesday, April 26, 2011

YUM!

I've got 5 wonderful YUMS today! Ready, set, go!



We'll start with Yums #1 and 2. Here are this week's birthday celebrants! Mister's birthday was this past weekend. Chickie's 19th(!) birthday falls on Friday this week.
On the same topic, Happy Birthday, Mom! My mother's birthday is TODAY!




Flowers. The pansies are beautiful and I've got them in all colors! Purple, yellow, red, white. Yum #3!



Next: Yum # 4. Sun Tea. I'm making this several times a week. 'Nuff said.




Yum # 5 would be Mister's birthday cake. A blueberry gateau. His favorite. I used to use a bundle of candles and add one each year to the bundle to set on top for Mister to blow out. But at 59, it's gotten to be more of a Torch. So we forego that now.

Joining Laurie for YUM-Tof 5!

Have a wonderful day!

Carol

12 comments:

bj said...

I am loving ALL your yums here today.:)
And, my daughter's bd is on Friday, too....she just WISHES she was turning 19. hahaaa...
hugs and happy Birthday to them all.
xo bj

Mildred said...

Fabulous photo of Mister and Chickie; she is lovely and I hope she has a wonderful birthday Friday. That dessert for your husband looks so good. Hope your Mom enjoyed her special day also.

Vee said...

That's hard on the budget to have three major, really major birthdays land in the same week. Hope that you plan ahead. Oh I like your hubby's taste in birthday treats. I love having a good blueberry pie instead of a cake on my birthday. Let's not discuss candles or torches. :>

no spring chicken said...

Happy birthday times 3!!! Between that and the pansies you've got quite the happy house. Glad that your torch didn't start a fire, and wishing you many restful moments with the suntea...

Blessings, Debbie

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Happy B-Day to everyone! Lovin' hubbies cake, wish I had a piece right now:@)

Linda O'Connell said...

That birthday cake looks delicious. The magnolia tree in the previous post makes my heart race. Yum! is right.

Laurie at Turner Farm said...

Love your Yums ~ you have a gorgeous family. Happy Birthday x3. I so look forward to having flowers in bloom, we are a few weeks yet. Thanks for linking up. Enjoy your day ~ Blessings

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Your yums are definitely yummy, Carol! And I hope that your family all have/had wonderful birthdays! Many Happy Returns to all!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Debbie said...

Yum! Sun tea and blueberry birthday torch. You can't go wrong there.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The birthday dessert looks wonderful. Happy birthday to all.
Hugs,
Sherry

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♫♪¸¸.•*¨Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear EVERYONE .....Happy Birthday TIMES THREE!!!! Here's to a great week for you all ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♫♪¸¸.•*¨

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

OK... Now I'm going to ask you if your are going to "PLEASE SHARE" your recipe for your Hubbies Birthday cake!!! LOVE Blueberries in this house and it's always extra special to have a recipe from a friend! By the way, Your Hubby and Mine are the same age!
HUGS to you,
Donna