Saturday, May 28, 2011

Miracle Dog

Joining Charlotte and Ginger for Spiritual Sundays.

Thank you again for your kind thoughts and prayers for Isaac and for us.


Although he is almost 12, Isaac still has a penchant for eating things that he shouldn't. He got into Chickie's purse and ingested a tampon, one of the worst intestinal foreign bodies possible.
The absorbent part swells up and causes an obstruction in the intestine, while the string, as the intestine tries to pass it, pulls the bowel tight in a drawstring type manner and then saws through it.
Without going into a lot of detail, let's just say that I administered a lot of lubricants and fluids. By Saturday night he was uncomfortable, panting and straining. I increased his fluids and we prayed. I really didn't want to take him to surgery, but I wasn't going to let him suffer either.
The next morning Isaac felt better, then I ran a barium study on him to watch for an obstruction.
He did pass the barium, and although we checked and checked, he NEVER passed the foreign body.
Because Isaac unquestionably ingested the tampon, we didn't see it on the barium study, nor did he pass it, I believe that God took care of Isaac for us. There is no other explanation.

Because God loves Chickie. And he loves us.
And, of course, He loves Isaac!

Thank you, Lord!

Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday!
I know we are!
Carol

9 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

So glad your prayers were answered!!

Linda O'Connell said...

My daughter's dog eats everything too and just had a bad bout from eating his entire chew toy. Glad your baby is on the mend.

sarah said...

me too...glad he's doing okay.....and that he has someone like you who loves him a whole lot to watch out for him.

Vee said...

Wow. I'm so glad that it all worked out in such an amazing way. I'm glad that I now have it firgured out that Issac isn't a cat. Gheesh.

Pamela said...

Amazing. Thanking God with you...Pamela

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Yes, God loves all His creation and that is awesome news.
Thanks for visiting me.
deb :)

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

*sighs* Naughty Isaac! I am so glad he is okay. :D

no spring chicken said...

Praise the Lord!! I don't think we do enough expecting of miracles these days. I'm so thankful for yours. I'm lifting up another prayer of thanks right now.

Blessings, Debbie

Charlotte said...

My goodness, what a terrible experience. Glad he's OK now.
Blessings,
Charlotte